Switching on the Electrics

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MartLgn

Switching on the Electrics

Postby MartLgn » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:18 pm

How do I switch on the electrics with the keycard so I can use the radio/windows etc without starting the engine ?

Iv'e had the car for nearly 4 years and suddenly realised yesterday that I had no idea how to do this :?
1.4 16v Expression - Ottoman Blue. slow as hell but peanuts to insure.

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:06 pm

Put the card in and push the button without a peddle down
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

europa
Just Passed

Postby europa » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:41 pm

You can switch the radio on separately without the keycard if you want to.
'05 2l Manual Pearl Black Megane LXR Dynamique 5-Door

andspenka
Advanced Driver

Re: Switching on the Electrics

Postby andspenka » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:32 pm

MartLgn wrote:How do I switch on the electrics with the keycard so I can use the radio/windows etc without starting the engine ?

Iv'e had the car for nearly 4 years and suddenly realised yesterday that I had no idea how to do this :?

cactusbob wrote:Put the card in and push the button without a peddle down

The radio will work like this but the windows won't, you need to start the engine. However if you're in the car and have just turned the engine off and haven't opened any doors then the windows will still work until you open a door.
1.6 CC Dymanique in Ottoman Blue

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:23 pm

is it hands free? mine is and when i get in,i can use radio,windows and sunroof without pressing start button. if you want ign. on without starting,i put car in gear,press BRAKE,car won`t crank,but ign. will come on,allowing you to check gauges,wipers etc. also useful if you need to bump start the car,as once ign. is on, you can then press the clutch to roll away (if you`re on a hill of course!)

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:55 pm

I was wondering about how to bump start mine.... I can't believe it would actually start though. Surely all the stop/car will explode/ejection seat messages would come on and the steering would lock and the brakes would fail....
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:05 pm

try it,it does work,did it with mine when i was wondering how to bump start if needed.luckily there`s a big hill round the corner,which is where i park now considering the reliability of renaults elastictrickery systems :td

Return to “Problems / Questions”