Electric sun roof shuts, then opens again by 10mm

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

__spc__
Learner Driver

Electric sun roof shuts, then opens again by 10mm

Postby __spc__ » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:59 am

Hi,

Just noticed today that my sunroof will shut, pause, then open again a crack (not to the first setting, just a few mm).

Pushing the sun roof button in WILL close the sun roof, but it doesn't fix the problem. I can't see any obstructions, and have re-greased the slides.

Any ideas? (I'm gonna see if the AA know anything about it.)

Right, shortly after initial posting, the electric windows did their funny thing, where one-touch is OFF, and you have to repeatedly press the buttons to get the windows to close. Driver's window then refused to open/close. In between turning the engine off and on again, I must have done the 1 second button press reset for the windows. EVERYTHING now seems to be working again. I have no faith in this though, so will see how things go, and will get Renault to look at this at the next service...
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

oldbury863
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Eclipse 1.6 Dynamique (07)

Postby oldbury863 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi, my sunroof was doing exactly the same as yours soon after it was purchased a year ago, but since greasing it, I have not had a re-occurrance. I found that the culprit was the wind deflector that pops up.
As far as the windows are concerned, if you hold both front window buttons up at the same time for a few seconds, the system will reset itself
and the problem will disappear. :) (This happened to mine after the battery went flat.) Hope this helps. . . . . :?:

__spc__
Learner Driver

Postby __spc__ » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:13 pm

I did grease the runners, and the problem went away; but I also fiddled with the window buttons too.

Thanks for clarifying things!
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:51 pm

Ashsoft wrote:

My sunroof did the same after 2 years. I found the mechanism had rusted (badly for only 2 years I thought), I greased the runners and

pivot points and it’s been fine so far.

Return to “Problems / Questions”