Warranty Claim or not for Worn Track Rod End?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dla268

Warranty Claim or not for Worn Track Rod End?

Postby dla268 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Just back from my local garage (non-renault fairly priced), after my Megane 2.0DCI Estate having its first 12,000m service, 11 months from new.

All well apart from the Off Side track rod end is badly worn, apparently. They have suggested that this may be covered by warranty and I should investigate with the local Renault dealer.

Anyone have any views on this type of wear, they certainly thought it was a bit unusual for O/S?

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:31 pm

It should be covered under warranty. With a car so new I would have it serviced at Platinum Renault. Is your local garage using the correct oil?

Renault Build A Better Car :D

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi

Why would you go to a non Renault garage for your first service??

Where did you buy your car? What about your warranty? OK Ok - too many questions - I apologise for these but a track rod end badly worn at 12,000 - they are taking the p*** mate.

Warranty item for sure, but my first question comes into the frame now - will your warranty be affected by having your first service done by a non Renault garage? Personally , I think it will. :D

Hope it works out ok for you.

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:15 am

As long as the garage is VAT registered, genuine Renault parts have been used, the correct oil and all service items attended to, your warranty will not be affected.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:27 am

I stand corrected Iain, I wasn't aware of the facts!! :roll:

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

dla268

Postby dla268 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:30 am

Yes correct parts used, including the oil.

They work closely with the local Renault garage in various things, so if it is things they should not touch, they take the cars there thenselves.

Return to “Problems / Questions”