Service reset changed my MPG?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Rib Roch

Service reset changed my MPG?

Postby Rib Roch » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi guys, new to this great site, already saved me a fortune... I've got a meg 1.6VVT Dynamic 02plate and Scenic 1.9DCI Dynamic 04 plate, owned them both over a year now and love them. :lol:

My 1.6 has had a few 'usual' problems - Engine Start problems, Air bag light on, oil change light on - which brings me to my new problem.

Had an engine flush 2 months ago to fix the starting issue I had, then the other day my change oil indicator came up - knowing this didn't need doing I searched the net and found you guys - so reset the indicator. Now since doing so my MPG has gone from 35mpg before the reset to 39.9mpg (computer readings) - do you thing Renualt have some clever software that following a service (or indicator reset!!) proves you needed the service because now your mpg's better!

Cheers
Rob
52 Megane 1.6VVT Dynamic RED
04 Scenic 1.9dci Dynamic BLACK

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi Rob - great name by the way! :D

Welcome to the club - looks like you have already found it useful, hope you continue to do so.

As for your service light resetting, this also clears all your trip computer settings and in my experience it always seems to give you better mpg to start with, I notice yours is quite a big difference, can only be good!

BTW - thanks for your reply on my topic "Steering not locked".

Regards

Rob (good name!!!!!!!) :D
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Return to “Problems / Questions”