Warranty Work?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

maam

Warranty Work?

Postby maam » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Renault ownership was going so well until today - noticed when starting the car a loud rattling noise from the underside - the exaust was rattling - I assumed one of the brackets had broken loose. Took the car into Camden Renault who agreed to have a look at the car without an appointment (good start) ready a couple of hours latter but charged me £90. Surely this is covered under warranty? Apparently not! Can I reclaim the money back from Customer Services?

neilhelen0

Postby neilhelen0 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:12 pm

In my experience no work should be carried out on your car without authorisation by yourself unless it is under warranty. You then have the choice if to have it fixed by them or to do it yourself. In my opinion brackets should be covered under warranty as its not something that is wearable like brakes etc. My complaint would first be why was i not notified about what needed fixing and asked if i wanted it done, what happens if you couldn't afford to have it fixed there and then.

Hope that makes sense.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Told them Suckk my diccckk

Postby ICEMAN » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:52 pm

i had a similar issue. Water leak in my door pockets!!

gave it in. then when i turn up to pick it up, then sid that £70+vat please. For looking at the door cards and not being able to undertake any work cos i have had non specification speakers. so no warranty - even tho its a manufactur fault!!
Told them Suckk my diccckk!! as they know the door cards had been modified yet they still insited they "will have a look". Did not advise me that i will be charged! not even when i dropped my car off.

Fuckking Tosssss potss!!
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

maam

Postby maam » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:08 am

Camden Renault in Northampton too? It seems it's their standard charge - £70 plus VAT. Why do they like pissing their customers off - crazy! Spoke to customer services - did not not bother calling me back!

Return to “Problems / Questions”