Steering ticking/clicking?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

L77
Pass Plus

Steering ticking/clicking?

Postby L77 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:49 pm

Weird one this, any help much appreciated.

When general driving and turning the steering wheel there is a constant ticking or clicking sound as if something is stuck behind the steering wheel, I had a look and it looks as if the airbag has come loose :shock: , but there is no warning messages on the dash? and the car is driving fine? anyone any ideas? I will be booking it in on Monday, but any info is appreciated :roll: .

Cheers.

L77

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi

Will be the rotary switch behind the steering wheel. Had mine replaced under warranty but if you do a search for the posts on here about the switch, you will find that they generally do not last long without starting to make the noise again.

Mine is still clicking but not as bad as before I had it replaced. Book it in and get it changed anyway - it is a common problem.

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:58 pm

robznet wrote:Hi

Will be the rotary switch behind the steering wheel. Had mine replaced under warranty but if you do a search for the posts on here about the switch, you will find that they generally do not last long without starting to make the noise again.

Mine is still clicking but not as bad as before I had it replaced. Book it in and get it changed anyway - it is a common problem.

Regards

Rob

Top man cheers :wink: I will get it booked in under warrenty 8) .

________

____

L77

Return to “Problems / Questions”