2.5 Hours To Replace Window Switch?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

2.5 Hours To Replace Window Switch?

Postby robznet » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi all

Firstly - this is not a complaint about being charged for 2.5 hours work - it was a warranty job.

Anyway, Meg went in this morning to have the driver's window switch assembly replaced, a job I could "wait for", about a 20 minute job. As arranged I waited for the car - wish I hadn't bothered.

Mechanic took my car into the workshop at 9.20, at 10.25 (after all the guys had had their morning break) I happened to walk past the workshop, it hadn't been touched, just sitting there with both doors open.

I told the service advisor (not the guy I normally deal with) that my car hadn't been touched yet and he said "your job is still in progress". - Bulls***! it hadn't moved a muscle for well over an hour.

To cut a long story short, my usual service guy arrived, went to the workshop to investigate and in 10 minutes my car was ready!

On jumping in my car I had a quick glance at the switches (as you would) the driver's window switch was "sticking up" ie: it was not returning to the middle (off) position, it was obviously brand new but knackered! I tried operating it a few times - no good.

By now I'm getting really pissed off, I think to myself - if I go home and complain tomorrow, they could say "well you broke it". So back to the reception, saw my usual advisor, he came to have a look and drove my car himself into the workshop. There followed a quite angry exchange with one of the mechanics which I could not catch all of, but it was along the lines of "I have to face the customers - you don't"!

End of story - he bought my car out himself, he had pinched a window switch assembly from a new Megane in the storage area to save me waiting any longer! And fitted it himself!!!!

Why do my dealership employ mechanics when the service department staff can do an equally good, if not better job? (ok a small job, but one that anyone could do). Why did the mechanic clock off my job if he (obviously) knew the switch was faulty, maybe he thought I would not notice?

OK my rant has come to an end - I still rate Renault Wolverhampton very highly, and I am well aware that large organisations need to have their own "departments". I just miss the old fashioned "drop it off - pick it up, job done" garages that people could trust in years gone by.

Promise that is the end of my rant. Sorry for being long winded. :D

Regards to all

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:51 am

It's a good job that it failed whilst you are still covered by the warranty, fingers crossed that you don't have any more problems.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Robznet, if I were you I would write a letter to the MD of the garage and copy it to Renault UK, detailing everything that happened. https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=1158 I would be seriously looking for some good will gestures here because they messed you around. You have obviously given Renault Wolverhampton a lot of business just recently, money that you could have easily spent at another dealership, they need this pointing out to them!

Whilst the service advisor who helped you was obviously very good and concerned about you as a customer and the service you recieved, he went above and beyond his responsibilities. The Technician who was assigned the job of fixing your car should be brought to task about his actions because he was not doing his job correctly, and as such affecting the reputation of the dealership he works for.

Question is, how many other people have been treated this way, and just accepted it?

I'm an IT Manager in a large high school, and if myself or any members of my team did not do our jobs properly we would be in for disciplinary action. Me from the Head Teacher and my team from ME!
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!

I had some dealings with Russell Stallman at RCS last October, I have already emailed him, he helped out with my dealer previously and was very good. Will post his comments/views as soon as I have them.

Cheers

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Return to “Problems / Questions”