electric folding door mirrors - quick question

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

w0mbat

electric folding door mirrors - quick question

Postby w0mbat » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi,

Just traded my very loved 53 plate Megane in for a brand new Scenic. Car runs and looks great, I just have one query which I hope that someone will be able to help me with....

My in laws have an 55 plate Scenic with electric folding door mirrors and I'm sure that their mirrors automatically fold in when the ignition is turned off. I have the Keycard and folding mirror option on my new Scenic, but can't get them to automatically fold (I have to turn the switch like on my Megane)

My Scenic is a Dynamique with the card / mirror option whereas the in laws is the top of the range (is that privilege?). Should mine do it too or is my model missing something???

Thanks in advance :)

Neil

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:35 pm

we have a dynamique megane with hands free/electric folding mirrors,but they don't fold as you turn the ignition off. :shock:
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:34 am

I don't have the folding mirrors, but did drive an Espace in France last month with them on. It might have something to do with the position you leave the switch in. Otherwise ask your supplying dealer if they can be made to do it in the cars inner configuration (if you want that). I remember that Fiat Stilo's came without the indicators flashing when locking/unlocking, but hook up to the dealer computer and they could turn that feature on.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Gav,the thing is if you leave the mirror on off position,it won't be unfolded when the car is started!I think there was a post some time ago,that some wiring needs changing,if I remember it right.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

w0mbat

Postby w0mbat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:17 pm

thanks all, I have to pop into the dealers tomorrow so will see if they have any ideas. I update this thread if they do.
Cheers
Current Car : 07 Scenic II Dynamique 1.9Dci
Previous : 53 Megane II Dynamique 1.9Dci

w0mbat

Postby w0mbat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:08 pm

No joy unfortunately. Dealers say that they shouldn't auto fold and they can't understand why the ones on my in laws Scenic do :(

I will just have to stop being lazy!

Thanks all.
Neil
Current Car : 07 Scenic II Dynamique 1.9Dci

Previous : 53 Megane II Dynamique 1.9Dci

andrew_s46

Postby andrew_s46 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:33 pm

Darn! i was hoping there would be a positive outcome to this.
I also have the feature and would like them to autofold when locked.

I think it must be a feature they incorporated into the privilege as my mate has one and they autofold also.

i have a megane privilege and they dont autofild :(

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm

I don't think any cars have mirrors that fold automatically when the engine is turned off. My current motor has folding mirrors but I have to press a switch all other cars that I've seen / driven are the same.

I would think that it could cause some problems for example if you put your car through a car wash where you have to turn the engine off etc
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Yep, auto folding of the door mirrors has never been a standard fitment on any of the models in the 'Megane' range.

As already mentioned, if you do a search you will find a post where someone converted theirs to autofold 'a la Peugeot'. It requires removing the door pull trim and doing a bit of extra wiring..... not for the faint hearted :lol:

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:00 pm

does anyone know where the info is on the auto folding mod? as cant seem to find it in a search?

'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:14 pm

https://www.cabriault.com/meganecc/tips/ ... dex_uk.htm

Would suggest using an ignition live instead of the live from the lights like in the guide. An ignition live can be easily picked up for the radio in the car and will mean the mirrors fold in and out with the engine

MeganeChick
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Black Gold '06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, blanking plate, custom air intake feed, RSTuning remap (255bhp), ITG panel filter, Samco silicon air intake pipe, Forge Intercooler, renaultsport alloy wheel decals, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

Postby MeganeChick » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:09 pm

thanks for the info Ray :)

yeah i heard people would use the ignition live :D :cool:
'06 RenaultSport Megane 225: lux, cup pack, full tints, custom exhaust, xenons, xenon white interior and exterior lighting upgrade, tuned, FLI trap 12 active subwoofer (1000 watts) :D

rec0m
Currently Drives:: 2.0l Renault Megane II

Re: electric folding door mirrors - quick question

Postby rec0m » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so this is my first post. :D

I'm thinking of doing this mod but don't fancy cutting up the existing wires. I want to do it so that I can easily remove it and go back to how it was if needed. Does anyone know where I might get my hands on a pair of connectors that fit onto the mirror switch, 1 male 1 female? The female should be fairly easy to get at a scrap yard I would have thought, not sure about the male though.

Any help would be great, thanks. :cool:

Naviola
Currently Drives:: Megane II - 1.6 16v Oasis

Postby Naviola » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi - sorry to hijack but I have a question too...

Sometimes if I press the button for the mirrors they open automatically but other times I need to keep the button pressed.

Anyone know if my mirrors are psycho or am I a dumbass and missing something?

Its a Megane II Oasis.

Thanks

Nav

scooper1000
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault megane 1.5 DCi Maxim

Postby scooper1000 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi in the diagram it takes the power for the relay from the lights because he has them on full time and the forum suggests taking the power from the Ign side. My question is how do I get a wire through to the switch OR where is the light power source the article talks about...I have mine set up to automatically open and close just need to power the relay....any ideas will be appreciated.....thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”