Can Anybody Help Me...

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

PGuk

Can Anybody Help Me...

Postby PGuk » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi,

Another month another fault. At least my Megane is consistent. Its an 05, 1.4 Dynamique 5 door, 27k miles.

I tried to start it last night, the engine rattled, the whole car shook and vibrated, the rev counter pulsed up and down from 500-3000rpm and then it stopped. Tried again... the same. Third time: gave it a bit of petrol and it eventually started running and levelled off at 800rpm. The smell of petrol was unbearable and the car sounded like a 2 stroke lawnmower engine. Any ideas??? Needless to say, I didn't drive it.

Last month I took it in and the fuel injector was dissassembled, cleaned and rebuilt, the alternator circuit replaced and the timing belt adjusted -all to fix a problem were the car revved-up on its own and idled at 2500rpm. Its gone 700 miles since then albeit with some slight misfiring/ occassional loss of power.

Basically I need it fixing so I can sell it ASAP!! I pity the poor sod that buys it - by my reckoning its had well over £1500 of repairs this year (fortunately under warranty), and its spent 15% of the time off the road and in the dealers!

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:56 pm

You would probably need to get a diagnostic check as it could be coils breaking down, TDC sensor not working or other sensor faults. If unburnt petrol has made it as far as the catalytic converter, that may now be damaged too.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”