can anyone help???

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mark_b
Learner Driver

can anyone help???

Postby mark_b » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:24 am

hey ive jus bought a megane a few days ago... a 2004 dynamique...the auto light feature comes on when its sunny about 9 at night....but its 2 bright 2 have the full beam on...but i cant turn them off by turnin the stalk 2 full beam then 2 off! the only way i can turn them off is by stoppin the car and by deactivating the auto light feature by holdin the auto button in!!

just new to the forum by the way...really good website!!! mark...

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:50 am

The auto lights should stay off once you have deactivated them?

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi there

Welcome to the club.

The auto light function has a habit of comming on much too early, it's annoying but it's down to the sensor - nothing you can do apart from deactivate the feature.

I picked my car up when new on a really bright July afternoon, as soon as I drove under the canopy of my local petrol station to fill up, on came the auto lights! I deactivated them then and have not used the feature since - two years!! :D

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:04 pm

mine worked fine ................until recently.

it was about 7ish and the lights stayed on!! i thorough cos i was driving under a large canopy of trees, but then i went on the A38 and they stayed on until i reached my destination!!!

bit weird, annoying, but i dont care!!! lol

never de-activated ...ever 8)

lol
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:18 pm

I de-activated this feature within a week of having the car due to the lights coming on when going under railway bridges in slow traffic. It's a feature that I would consider unnecessary, I mean, surely you'd notice that your lights weren't on when you struggle to see the road or your speedo.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 am

as noone's mentioned how to do it....to deactivate or active them press and hold the button on the end of the lights stalk (it has a label "auto" on it). You'll get a beep and a confirmation message on the console as to whether there on/off.

adrimo

Postby adrimo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Jonault wrote:I de-activated this feature within a week of having the car due to the lights coming on when going under railway bridges in slow traffic. It's a feature that I would consider unnecessary, I mean, surely you'd notice that your lights weren't on when you struggle to see the road or your speedo.

but on my scenic its lcd display so i leave them activated, i like this feature but to make it better it should work in two stages :)

Return to “Problems / Questions”