In at the dealer cant take no more Dephaser probs!! (1.6vvt)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

murray

In at the dealer cant take no more Dephaser probs!! (1.6vvt)

Postby murray » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:07 pm

Had enough of this dephaser problem so i`ve booked my girls car in at a cost of £535 to have the dephaser pulley changed & a few other bits i.e cambelt etc and a software update :(

What worries me now is the other day we started it and all the electrics were going mad, wipers,lights everything was going mad i couldn`t start the car or do anything in the end i disconnected the battery :twisted:
Been told it could be water in the fuse box but i couldnt see anything!!
Anyone with any ideas or had the same problem?
I really dont wanna have to fork out another £500 i`ve much better things to waste my money on!!

`i`ve been on to Renault uk but the dont wanna know i can understand its a little out of warranty (52 plate) but its only done 35k with f.s.h and this is a very common problem!

Renault UK told me they dont see it as a problem and they`ll only act upon it if they have enough complaints from customers & dealers, They dont take into consideration what people write on forums!!

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:52 am

This is such a common problem its unreal :( Unfortunately it was the last straw for me and I decided to get rid of my meg. Keep on to renault uk, they must know its a problem but more people need to moan ad fight back!!

m.bedforth
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane Sport Tourer Oasis Dynamique Manual Petrol '05

Postby m.bedforth » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:09 pm

:!:
Last edited by m.bedforth on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

murray

Postby murray » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Damn right somat needs to be done,

Girlfriends rang me to say the cars playing up again she`s pressing the button but its not turning over :twisted:

Booked in at Renault again they said on the phone its a different fault, i explained when i took it last it wasnt starting off the button sometimes!

I`ll defo be giving Renault uk another ring how they can say a car with 35000 miles costing us £518 and even more when i take it back no doubt is acceptable i do not know!!

I`ll let you know how i get on :wink:

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 pm

If water has got into your fuse box , then it's a design fault, I had this happen to my last megane Arnold Clark wanted £3:500 yes three thousand five hundred pounds to repair it , they said it needed a new fuse box and wire harness, I posted on here and within 2-3 hours afetr a few replies I contacted the dealer and produced the posts from here , I paid sod all :)They know it's a design fault but most if not all dont want to pay it or do the job, they cheat us all no doubt about it
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

murray

Postby murray » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:17 pm

sideswipe wrote:If water has got into your fuse box , then it's a design fault, I had this happen to my last megane Arnold Clark wanted £3:500 yes three thousand five hundred pounds to repair it , they said it needed a new fuse box and wire harness, I posted on here and within 2-3 hours afetr a few replies I contacted the dealer and produced the posts from here , I paid sod all :)They know it's a design fault but most if not all dont want to pay it or do the job, they cheat us all no doubt about it

I believe it is water in the fusebox as there is other electrical faults but i had a look and couldnt find anything!
I aint getting involved i`m gonna leave it to them!!

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:52 pm

Make sure no one pays for the repair then m8 :)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

murray

Postby murray » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Right then dropped off and picked back up the old megane the dealer reckon its all sorted!
Best thing is told told them when i took it in i think its water leaking through into the fusebox, she looked at me like i was stupid and said they`d never ever come accross anything like that before :roll:

Anyways 2 hours later they rang me up sayin the car was ready :shock:
Being a mecanic myself i thought it were a bit strange how quick they`d found, rectified and sealed where the water was coming in!

Never got charged so alls good :D

By the way before dropping the car off i contacted Renault Uk to see if they`d pay for the repairs (not knowing how much it would cost) but again i was told they dont see it as a problem as its not a common fault :roll:
I tried getting through to them that this time it was extremely dangerous as the last time it rained my girlfriend was driving home when electrical hell broke out - no steering, no indicators etc etc but still they dont care!
They`ll care if something should ever happen to someone, you`ll know what i mean if you`ve ever had your power steering go!!

I`ve wrote a letter to watchdog see if i can raise some awareness on this i personally think its a fatallity waiting to happen!!
If anyone else is having this trouble get in contact with them they might chase it up !

Return to “Problems / Questions”