renault megane cabriolet

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

mark robbo

renault megane cabriolet

Postby mark robbo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:39 pm

hello everyone (new member)
i found this site by accident i was looking for info on the renault megane cabriolet privilege+ the problem i am having is with the display unit for the time,radio station and temperature this has become very dim you can just to say make them out all the other control instruments are fine.is this a common problem(easy to fix)or do i need to take it to a renault dealer any suggestions would be much appreciated
cheers mark

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:29 pm

I've never heard of this problem before?
:hmm
If the car is still under warranty I would take it to Renault, if not a good auto electrician would be able to diagnose the problem. It might be that the display needs replacing?

Not sure how much a new display would cost from Renault, but I bet it's not cheap?

eBay or you nearest breakers yard could be a cheaper option
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

europa
Just Passed

Postby europa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:24 pm

You need a new globe fitted, shouldn't cost much :-)
'05 2l Manual Pearl Black Megane LXR Dynamique 5-Door

mark robbo

Postby mark robbo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:45 pm

thanks europa
never heard of a globe before is it something i can fit myself or do i need to take it to the dealers. the car is out of warranty so i will have to pay
thanks again
mark

Return to “Problems / Questions”