18,000 Mile Service

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

18,000 Mile Service

Postby robznet » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 am

Hi

Had the Meg in for her first service today, the only problems I had to add to the service sheet were - check aircon (not as cool as it used to be) and the black plastic finish flaking off the driver's door switch assembly.

Got a nice new Clio 2 door for the day (1.4 - so quite a nice drive). Car was ready on the dot at 4.30pm - washed and leathered very nicely!!

Service had obviously been carried out, new seal pack was required for the aircon (apparently the rubber seals perish with time). System was re-gassed as a result.

Window switch assembly is on order and will be fitted soon!

I have slated Renault Wolverhampton in the past - all I can say is that the service I was given today was first class - full marks Renault Wolverhampton. :D

Regards to all

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:27 am

Rob,do you mind if I ask how much did it cost you?as mine is due in early october.got a quote while back for £149.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:34 am

navid.v

My first service (12 months with 9,000miles on clock) cost £196. I had a 1.2 Clio for a courtesy car. My car was not washed or valeted but then again it was fairly clean before it went in.
Not sure if the 1.6vvt service will be the same price as a 1.4 service.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Jonault,
fair point,but just wondered.I got my quote by the way from Renault Minute across the road (from my workplace),they will not wash the car or offer courtesy car,that's the reason they are cheaper.I was told by the guy there,if I take it back to the dealer I have bought it from,it would be more expensive as they will wash and offer courtesy the car.

the funny thing is,they are both from one chain :)
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:52 pm

navid.v
I think I'll ask at the Renault Minute if they can do my next service cheaper than the techies around the back of the dealership. If I could save £50 on the service costs, I'm sure I could get one of my mates to pick me up and drop me off rather than have a courtesy car.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

robznet
Advanced Driver

Postby robznet » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Sorry for the delay navid.v - been busy!

The missus paid the bill - he he he!

But I'm sure it was just under £200. Will give you the exact price when I manage to find the invoice in her very (not) efficient filing system!!! :lol:

Regards

Rob

robznet
Advanced Driver

Postby robznet » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi all

Just to add to my original post, had a call this morning from my service department - window switch will be fitted next Tuesday morning - while I wait. Again excellent service from Renault Wolverhampton! :D

Regards

Rob

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks Rob and Jonault.courtesy car for me is not necessary as the garage is just a cross the road,and I won't be using it while I am in the office :)

robznet
Advanced Driver

Postby robznet » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 pm

No problem!

Let us all know how much it costs when you have it done, good for the club to have various prices for servicing etc.

Gives members more choice and above all more information! :D

Regards

Rob

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:06 pm

Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Problems / Questions”