Spare wheel size

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

camel

Spare wheel size

Postby camel » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi
Further to my post re:damaged alloy wheel, i have had to put the spare wheel on the front of our megane. We upgraded to the 17" nervasport alloys but whilst not expecting a 5th alloy as a spare i was surprised to find a 16" spare steel wheel. Is this the norm and is it safe to have different size wheels on the front? The garage, Reg Vardy or whoever they are now, told me its a space saver tyre. It's a full size 205/55 16" continental which takes up the same room in the rear as the nervasport! Any info appreciated.
1.9DCi, 3 door, flame red, 17" alloys, full leather, heated seats, panoramic s/r, climate control,multi cd

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:21 am

Yep this is the norm, and it's safe.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 am

The overall circumference of the spare will be very close to the size of your alloy wheel. I presume that your 17" wheel will have either a 205/50/17 or 215/45/17 tyre on it. You may also have a set of shorter wheel bolts to use on the steel wheel.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”