engine code?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sporttourer
Pass Plus

engine code?

Postby sporttourer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:48 am

Where can I find th eengine code so that i can buy a Gates Compatible Timing Belt Kit.

The company tha tI am buying it from say it should start K9K but I can't find it anywhere :cry:
---------------------
All information and/or advice given is in good faith and any action taken by the reader is done so at their own risk.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:53 am

All the 1.5dCi's are K9K engines, I'm not sure that it states it anywhere on the car? But if you look in your drivers hand book it should confirm it there.

I would not expect Renault to specify different cam belts for the various incarnations of the 1.5 engine, but hey, this is Renault we are talking about! :roll:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

TheFinn
Advanced Driver

Re: engine code?

Postby TheFinn » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:47 pm

sporttourer wrote:Where can I find th eengine code

It's should be engraved directly on the engine block, situated roughly 15-20 cm to the right (when viewing from the front of the engine) of the oil filter and probably obscured from direct view by a vertical water hose running in front of it.

And you may need to remove the cosmetic/sound-absorbing engine cover to see that area, but the cover should lift straight off if I've understood correctly.

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:28 am

What are the first 7 characters of the VIN and i will tell you the engine type..

Ensure that you repace the accessory belt at the same time..
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

Return to “Problems / Questions”