breakdown cover?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ohfook1t

breakdown cover?

Postby ohfook1t » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 pm

hi guys,
as my megane cc is almost out of warranty and aa cover i have been loking at getting my own breakdown cover....only thing is which to go with. AA ,RAC, green flag ect.

just got a quote back from green flag for £84 for recovery plus which is there top package apart from the package that covers you in europe but i'm not interested in that anyway.

anyone with green flag and are they reliable or do i pay more for AA cover?

cheers
andy

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:35 pm

Hi Andy, I have a friend who works for Green Flag and he rates them alright as a company but sh@te to work for.

He claims that althouthe AA have more patrols on the road, Green Flag employees arent sitting in the house waiting for a call. They sit in lay-bys so they are always around somewhere.

Personally I would go for the AA as I would choose a company I am more likely to hear about. Green Flag you dont hear much about, although this may be a good thing.????

Nick
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

breakdown

Postby nickbell69 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:59 am

I looked into breakdown cover a couple of months ago and in the end went for Auto Aid. They are basically an insurance scheme where if you breakdown you can either call a mechanic yourself or like the others ring Auto Aid and they will organise one for you. You then pay for the service of the garage and put in a claim to Auto Aid. They say they will have a cheque back to you within 10 days. I read numerous reviews about them on moneysavingexpert.com and have to say were quite impressed with all of them. It cost me £32 for the year which covers me and wife and at home service too. Only thing you need to watch is that you have the means to pay for repairs there and then(credit card would be handy!!).
Hope this helps.

Nick.;

adrimo

Postby adrimo » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:30 am

personally i prefer RAC. as im the only driver for my car it covers me so i can call them when in another car even as passenger. i found them quite quick and efficient.

my scenic came with AA so i hope i never need them anyway :)

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:57 pm

Iam with qouteline direct £59 all in very good package
https://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown/

have a look

stevie :D
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:02 pm

I had cover from Britannia Rescue over a period of about 12 years. I never broke down during that period so I can't comment on how good/bad they were.
I'm sure that I don't need to spell out the fact that during those 12 years I only owned a couple of Nissans and a Toyota.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:29 am

They are good prices, and breakdown cover is something you definitely need when driving a megane around! :x

Return to “Problems / Questions”