Check Injection - Yet Another at 55000 KMs

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:43 pm

I started the car this morning only to see that the service light has come on with the message “Injection A Contolour” I guess this is the “Check Injection” message that I keep reading about.

I am assuming that it will be one of the glow-plugs, as if I stop the engine after several minutes of running, and then re-start, no message comes back.

Now what is the best course of action here? As the car has done 55,500 Kms (next service due at 60,000 Kms) I feel that I will place it in the garage early and have them service the thing.

Question is if it is one of the glow plugs that has gone open/high resistance, do I get them to change all four of them?

Does anybody know if Renault are picking up any of the cost of these little glitch’s?

Does it sound rude to anybody if as I have put the car in to the garage 5000 KMs early that I ask Renault to cover some or all of the cost as the car is only just out of warranty.

Cheers for any feedback,
Will.
2005 Scenic 1.9Dci 120 Exception

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am

Unfortunately the "check injection" message does appear to cover a wide range of faults, turbo pressure sensor alledgedly in my case. So don't jump to any conclusions. I see the dam message on my car at least 3 or4 times a week, and so far its had 2 new TPsensors fitted but still does it.

106DCI @18months/25K miles

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:47 pm

i had this prob with mine mate, not a chance of renault picking up the bill.
as you say it was the glow plugs, but have read of that message coming up for other things, but as you say if it goes of after a run which will give them chance to warm up, it would probs indicate that it is the glow plugs, i got all four changed for £40. think its easier to change the lot as you'd need to take them all out anyway to find the knackard one.

Hope this helps

Paul

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:59 pm

I always had this problem and was advised to change the coil packs so I did and it has got a lot better now! I used to see the message about twice a day and now its about once a month *touch wood* :D

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks for you replys guys.

I have given the local Lexembourg Garage S**t over this as I have had to book it in early for its service - after all they need it a day for anything!

I will get back with what they found at the end of next week.

As as be suggested this message can mean a lot of things, so I don't want to risk damage or waisting cash on a set of glow plugs if I don't need to.

This is a cool forum!

Have a great weekend folks. :D

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Husky_Dog wrote:

I will get back with what they found at the end of next week.

Have a great weekend folks. :D

As promised I am back with my findings from Renault.

One glow-plug was found to be at fault. I wanted them all changing but the cost was 26€ each plus labour of 0.5 hr each (I was quoted). I had just one of the four changed yesterday, with the thought that if I have to I can change them all again myself.

At first no warranty from Renault offered, but after mentioning this forum and the Renault owners forum, and how this message was very common, I was offered 40% coverage on the defective glow-plug and the labour cost. Quit while I was at that stage as it took some effort to get my point over. :)

I had the cars 60,000K service carried out at the same time, as I have no garage at the moment to do the work myself. Total for the service was 340€ / £230 ish which I was happy with. :D

The oil that was used was ELF QXR 5w40 so good quality - even though they had the cheek to charge a who 5 litres when only 4.7 is needed - imagine how much they make if they do enough cars a day ie every 16th car is free for the garage!! :x :x

Started the car this morning - No message = Happy Mr. Will :D :D :D

silencer51
Advanced Driver

Postby silencer51 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Well, technically they cant charge you for the 4,7 litres since the oil comes in 1 litre bottles and you need 5...
Gray Megane II 1,6 5dr hatch 05/2003
Set dephasers to stall!

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:18 pm

silencer51 wrote:Well, technically they cant charge you for the 4,7 litres since the oil comes in 1 litre bottles and you need 5...

True - But they could leave me the spare to top up if I need it.

Only a minor point. No stress...

Howarthjpj

Postby Howarthjpj » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:05 am

hi there

I have the same issue with the glow plugs on my 04 1.9 DCi megane but i have only done 19 000 miles in it! :evil:

now, as far as i'm concerned, this should not be a problem after so few miles. what do you think the chances of renault picking this one up are?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:41 am

How long have you had the car? On an 04 car with 19000 miles on the clock I doubt it, but it's worth a try.

Glow plugs can fail after only a few thousand miles or they can go on for ever; I always thought they were classed as serviceable parts and as such not covered under any warranty?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:35 am

IainMW wrote:Glow plugs can fail after only a few thousand miles or they can go on for ever; I always thought they were classed as serviceable parts and as such not covered under any warranty?

True IainMW - but what got me was the charge for putting the "Wizz-Bang Buck Rodgers" computer on to the car to tell me what was wrong. It was the cost of two glow plugs!!

Do Renault not have to put the compter on to the car anyway for a service? That is why I had the 60,000K service done 5000K early.

Howarthjpj

Postby Howarthjpj » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:36 am

had the car for 9 months.

its was formerly owned by Renault, so that's probably why it has been nothing but a pain in the rear from the beginning.

still has the extra warranty that Renault gave when i bought it which is a bonus but losing the car and having to pay them for a hire car is very iritating. especially as i need the car for work. if i wanted a car that was so glitchy, i would have bought another alfa...

viv
Currently Drives:: Red Megane Dynamic 1.9dci 53 plate comfort pack

Postby viv » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Have had the 'Check Injection' message and the 'Service' light on for about the last 6 months.

Came on about 3000 miles before the 36,000 mile service was due.

Have a warranty with Warranty Direct but the two networked garages I took my 53 Megane 1.9dci to couldn't find a fault. Took it to the local dealership and there were 2 glowplugs that needed replacing. They also said that the pre heater unit had to be replaced as well cos you can't replace the glowplugs (all of them) without the preheater unit. The warranty covered the glowplugs and £40 of the labour but not the pre heater unit.

We drove from Wales to Gatwick the next day and all ok. On our return to pick up the car 2 weeks later the same lights and message were on show. Its been back to the garage today and they need it for 2 days as it is a wiring break somewhere along the wiring from the preheater unit.............

Any ideas gratefully received. The car seems to be running fine.

Thanks
Viv

PS. Had the car from new, faults many, and expensive only one more window mechanism to go now...........
Last edited by viv on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viv

thepeasants

54 megane - check Injection

Postby thepeasants » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm

just come across this topic, our 54 megane 1.9dci has developed this fault. Booked the car in for its 36000m service early @ 31000 and they could find no trace of the fault on the ECU? (Reg Vardy, Edinburgh)

I told them I would bring it in tomorrow morning and leave it running so they can see the fault and trace it then. It is on every day with the first start of the car.

Damn sure I am going to fight them for it being warranty and see what I get.

Will let you know what happens.

thepeasants

check injection- results

Postby thepeasants » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 am

turns out to be the heater plug control unit needs replaced - covered under warranty.

Lets hope this sorts it out.

Return to “Problems / Questions”