Horn failure

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dannyg

Horn failure

Postby dannyg » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi Folks,

Recently jumped into the megane ownership world and i'm over the moon with my car..apart from the few little niggles we've had s far.

One of these was the horn. Basically it sounded like a wasp with some string quite tighly around it's neck. So i had it sorted under used car warranty.

A couple of questions that i have really.

1. Is the horn meant to be dual tone? If so, the replacemant wasn't when it was fitted.

2. Also, it has stopped working totally now, so i was going to have a look to see if the plug has come off, but i can't for the life of me find where it is.

It's going in next friday for the classic leaking through the near-side front speaker syndrome.

My car is a 53 plate 1.5 DCI 80 Dynamique, approx 55k on the clock and previously only owned by renault UK.

All help much appreciated

Regards,

Danny

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi Danny

The horn is only single tone on the Megane - and pretty poor sound wise!

It is located behind the front bumper/nose assembly and I think getting at it involves removal of the complete front section! - someone else may know another method but I doubt it!

I wish you all the best with your problem, let us all know how you get on resolving it.

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 am

It's a single tone horn.
Yep, it's a bumper off job, no other way to reach it.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

dannyg

Postby dannyg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks for that chaps,

I'll let them know about it for when it goes in for the water in the door pocket problem.

I'll keep you posted though,

thanks again

Danny

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:36 am

Yes it is a pathetic sounding item. And the others are right, I even removed the rivets holding the underside of the bumber to the whole bumper assembly to access it. I could remove the plug and get to the bolt, but could not undo it and gave up. Horn is just about smack behind the Renault emblem on the grille.

Return to “Problems / Questions”