new owner, one problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

xcz_megane

new owner, one problem

Postby xcz_megane » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:48 pm

hey just got a megane 1.4 16v on friday, and noticing quite a tremor through the steering wheel and pedals when hitting speeds of 60mph plus. any ideas? also after a look under the bonnet i have found a large pipe disconnected running from the battery area to somewhere else, it looks as though it should be connected to another part near it, it is a large, ribbed pipe if that is of any help! sorry for the bad descriptions, im a novice!
cheers

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi there XCZ, the tremmer through your car may be due to the tracking or balancing. Try you local ATS to sort that out.

As for the pipe, it may be part of your air induction for the car.

This is just my opinion of what I would check first.

BTW, welcome to the club

Nick
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:40 pm

Welcome to the club, xcz_megane!

My car is different, so can only suggest to look at the second link here:
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=5167
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Welcome to the forum.
If the car is second-hand I would assume that there is some wear already on the tyres which could mean they might need balancing.
The pipe you mentioned is the air intake. Follow it back and it is connected to a plastic box held in place by a bolt, the pipe coming out of the back of the plastic box leads to another plastic box between the engine and the bulkhead. This is the location of your air filter should you ever wish to change it, however the two screws that hold it together require a special tool to undo them.
John
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”