I am FUMING

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

L33SA
Learner Driver

I am FUMING

Postby L33SA » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:59 am

I am so fed up with my car its unreal :x

Its one problem after another an I just dont know what to do with it any more!!

Ive got a loud rattling DRILLING noise on startup, not just when its cold but even after its been sitting for an hour or so.. Its running like a dog! Its so noisy and horrible to drive I feel like a boy racer cos I have to put my foot down to get anywhere since I seem to have no power!

Phoned Renault this mornin who told me they can't fit me in til the 6th July..are they for real??

Just took it to a local garage who put it on the computer and the faults that came up were throttle activation control range bank 1..and camshaft pos sensor bank 1.

He said he can fix them but not until next week which is fine, but will this make the drilling noise stop????

What a heap of...............

the thing is I know i will get this fixed but next week it will be another problem :twisted:

OKAY RANT OVER SORRY HAD TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST! :D

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:53 am

Would your car happen to be a 1.6VVT by any chance :hmm

If it is, it sounds like your Dephaser Pulley has gone :(
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 pm

:shock: Hello Iain yeah what a guess its a 1.6VVT! Are you a psychic or is the problem that common ha ha

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 pm

do you know if I get this garage to fix the problems that came up on the machine..throttle activation and camshaft sensor..will this make the rattling noise on start up go??

I seen a thread which said someone had their CAMSHAFT dephaser pulley fixed.. so im confused, I dont know if the machine detected the pulley problem or not??

I know nothing about cars :roll: so dont laugh at my daft questions :wink:

I need it fixed asap as its only gettin worse, but I dont know if its worth lettin this garage do it next week or bookin it into renault. Im out of warranty you see :o so i'll probably have to sell my house to get it fixed

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:51 pm

I wish I was psychic, I'd be able to predict Staurdays lotto numbers :lol:

Sadly no I'm not, and yes the Dephaser is a common problem on the 1.6VVT engine :(
The TDC sensor can also cause running problems as can coil packs, but the symptoms you describe are usually associated with a failed Dephaser Pulley.

As you are out of warranty it might cost a bob or two to get fixed. As I understand it's a fairly Renault specific repair, so your local independant garage might struggle to replace it, but don't quote me on that.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Thanks for your help, dont know if I can be bothered putting it in to get fixed, ive lost all patience and spent to much on it lately :cry:

Sad really as I love the car, I suppose I should of extended the warranty but I had no problems until the warranty had run out.. sods law! Had no problems with our 225 either yet, but the warranty ran out a few weeks ago so we're waiting...........

I think im goin to try an part ex it, but god knows what for :cry:

Thanks for your replies you're v.helpful :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”