Change Oil warning message still showing

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sam101

Change Oil warning message still showing

Postby sam101 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi,

RE: Megane 1.6 vvt

The change oil warning message came on last week and Ive just taken it into Kwik fit to change the oil/filter.

However the warning message has not reset and Kwikfit are telling me they cant help with the electronics. Is it possible to reset this myself or is it a job for another garage...

Thanks

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Scroll through on the trip computer until it displays change oil soon and then press and hold the mileage reset button (on the speedo) in until the display resets to 18000 miles or whatever service interval your car has? this can take a few seconds.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Hi Iain

Does this reset work with all models?

Worth knowing when your car is out of warranty (as kwik fit said - they cannot help with the electronics)

Would be a good pointer for all members! :D

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:35 am

Yep it does work for all models

Forgot to mention, you need to hold the mileage reset button in until the display has stopped flashing.
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Hologram
Passed Theory

Postby Hologram » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:54 pm

My 06 1.6 does not have the button on the speedo to reset the mileage. My old car an 03 model did. My Change Oil Soon is lit and has come on far too early. :x

IainMW
F1 Driver

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:01 am

How do you reset your odometer then?

You have to remember that the service intervals are based on mileage and time period.

e.g. 12000 miles or 1 year, which ever is sooner?
The time period is set from when the car is built, not the date of first registration.

rach74
Learner Driver

Postby rach74 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:29 am

MY 53 Plate meg saloon had the little button but now i have an 07 meg priv cc and to change the odometer or anything else on the computer you keep your finger pressed in on the button on the right stick, (the button you use to flick throught the computer) just keep it pressed in for 5 secs and this clears it

hope this helps

Hologram
Passed Theory

Postby Hologram » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:17 pm

I can reset the usual data by holding in the button as you say. I have not been able to get rid of the Change Oil Soon message.

As I mentioned before, my car was a factory order and I had to wait until 29th July last year for delivery. I was somewhat surprised that the message appeared in May. Mileage then was around 7000

Seems odd to me.

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 am

On the facelift models (06) you have to scroll throught the computer trip as with the old model but then press and hold the button on the end of the right hand stalk to reset the change oil soon message..
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

Return to “Problems / Questions”