Removing Top Dash Panel

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meganepp

Removing Top Dash Panel

Postby meganepp » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi

Could someone tell me how to remove the panel on top of the dashboard which houses the digital display for the cd and radio....I have removed the radio/cd, face panel and heater controls.....I have loosened the panel from the back of the dash too....bit it wont loosen from the front centre where it meets the vent panel...its loose in ether side...but the centre is stuck like its screwed in...I've checked with a torch from the underneath (not that I can see much because the vent black plastics obscure the line of sight) and I forced as much as I safely can.

Hope someone can help...I'm sure its just a clip or screw...but its really awkward...I just don't want to break anything.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Welcome to the Club

It's just clipped in but it's very tight. Try and prise the 2 front corners up with your fingers and then gradualy lift it up working towards the display
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

R55VYS
Advanced Driver

Postby R55VYS » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:38 pm

i just pulled mine quite hard and it comes.........off, lol, two thumbs either corner, press up and its straight off,

meganepp

Postby meganepp » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks...will give it a go tommorrow

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:42 am

Check out my old post.... its about the 3rd one down the page :-)

https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... ght=#29186

meganepp

Postby meganepp » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:33 am

Thanks all done :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”