drivers seatbelt problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jt2k6

drivers seatbelt problem

Postby jt2k6 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi,

been a while since i posted but you have helped me before,

I have a problem with the drivers seatbelt, it will not locate in the clip/clasp (whatever it's called) meaning I have to drive it without (both illegal and silly) I don't want to fix the problem myself as it is still covered but I have an issue with what I should do, the 3 garages I have spoken to say that they cannot look at it till end of next week.

so..............

should they supply me with a car till they can look at it? it is obviously illegal to drive at moment.

should they organise collection of the car as I do not want to drive it to them, an hour on the M56 and M6 with no seatbelt doesn't appeal to me (and it's still illegal)

as this is a safty critical issue should they try that little bit harder to accomidate me?

am I being selfish and expecting a bit much,

BTW my car was purchased at arnold clarke, warrington and is an 05, 5dr, 1.4 16v

thanks all
Chuck Norris built a time machine and went back in time to stop the JFK assassination. As Oswald shot, Chuck met all three bullets with his beard, deflecting them. JFK's head exploded out of sheer amazement.

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:10 pm

Hi there

I would suggest that as a seatbelt is a legal requirement in the UK that yes it is a safety issue and your dealer (no matter how far away from you they are) should arrange to pick the car up.

After all - would they offer to pay your fine for no belt? - I don't think so.

Have a word with your service manager, if that provides you with no joy, speak to Renault Customer Services.

I wish you all the best with your problem, let us all know how you get on.

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Return to “Problems / Questions”