1.9Dci Air filter replacement - advice required.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

1.9Dci Air filter replacement - advice required.

Postby Husky_Dog » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 am

My 2005 Scenic 1.9 Dci is due a 60,000 Km service very shortly.

I am assessing how to replace the air filter.

I have looked in the Haynes Manual, and on a thread in the FAQ section of this forum which make the job out to be relatively straight forward.

I have tried to remove the filter from the air box as described, firstly removing the two screws, and sliding the unit that hold the filter up.

It looks as if I will have to remove the battery and un-clip the ECU as there doesn’t appear to be enough room to get the filter assay out without some serious griller action.

Can someone give me a steer as to what technique works best to get this filter out?

Thanks in advance.

Will.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:29 am

Air filter replacement in Megane II 1.9dci is straightforward, I know from my experience, and according to Renault takes just 0.1h. The same operation for Scenic II 1.9dci takes 0.3h. I am not familiar with details, but it might be more fiddly.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

mintyman5
Passed Theory

Postby mintyman5 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:04 pm

hi , i've just replaced my megane 2 dci filter for a green cotton one , i presume yours is the same as mine , i removed the battery cover , then the two screws holding the filter housing in place then you just pull it a little towards the front of the car , then it should slide out upwards , easy peasy. :D

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:14 am

Thanks Guys!

I guess I am being too soft. More Gorilla action required!! 8)

Thanks once again.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 am

Mintyman5

Have you noticed any difference in performance with the green cotton filter in over the standard paper element?

Been thinking of fitting a K&N type element for a while now.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

DJC013
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 2004 Scenic 1.9 dCi, 2001 SLK 320 Auto

Postby DJC013 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:35 am

On the Scenic II you have to remove the plastic scuttle panel under the wiper blade first, then you will see the air filter housing. If you look at the scuttle panel you see two nuts whic you undo and then a metal plate can be removed allowing you access to the filter housing. Remove the battery cover and then the two screws that are at the top of the air filter housing, 1 is fiddly and the other is OK. Then you pull the air filter housing up and out, which contains the air filter. Replace the air filter, then hoover out the housing in the car (leaves etc), then replace the housing containing the filter. Refit the 2 screws, the metal plate, battery cover and then the scuttle panel. Job done, 20 mins max, regards Damian. :D
2004 Scenic 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique 6 Speed Black 17" Nervasports VF1 JMRG

Visit my Flickr site ! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/28464546@N05/

Return to “Problems / Questions”