Love them or hate them??

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Minx

Love them or hate them??

Postby Minx » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi guys,

I have been a megane owner for about 14 months and am on my 3rd one!!!

I started with a 52 plate - one of the first new shapes - and I absolutely adored the car (I would even go so far to say that I loved it!!) but it was only a 1.4 16v so decided I would upgrade to a newer/quicker model about 4 months ago....

I bought an 06 plate 1.6 vvt and for the first couple of months I thought I was in love again!!!! And then it started going wrong.....the brakes did more than just squeal (they actually scared me - the service manager at my local dealership actually found the right words to describe it - like a train coming to a halt!!), the dash lights sometimes didnt light up, the electric window control panel got really hot and then the engine started idling really low and it even lost power when pulling off. This all started after about 7 weeks of owning it!! Renault UK wouldnt accept there was a fault - said it was all cosmetic and basically there was nothing they would do. This is when our relationship turned to hate.....

I kicked up such a stink - threatened them with the old 'sale of goods act' law and wrote a lovely letter to them and eventually my local dealership employed a new General Manager - he agreed to meet with me to discuss how I had been treated by the previous Manager (who's attitude was 'tough - put up with it or take us to court...') and he actually agreed to exchange the vehicle for me. What a result!!!

Yesterday i picked up my replacement vehicle and I am in love again!!! I dont know what it is about them but they make my heart melt. I just hope I have more luck with this one cos I think we could be happy together for a very long time.....!!

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm

Hi there Minx

So what did you get as a replacement?

06 plate 1.6 or different?

Nick
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:14 am

Good result there Minx, hope the new one is all that you want it to be and is reminiscant of your first one and not your second.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Minx

Postby Minx » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:54 pm

They found me an exact same car - 1.6 vvt - 2 months newer, less mileage, panaramic roof etc etc

Really did come out on top!! I never thought they would see it through after spending so long arguing with them but just goes to show - even us feeble girls can get what we want if we know the right words to say!!!

Its been 2 days and myself and the megane are getting on great!! I do hope its the start of something wonderful!!

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 am

Nice one Minx

Hope it is the start of something for you both lol

Nick
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

Minx

Postby Minx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Well..... all was going good until tonight.....

Just had a man round installing my stereo and sub etc and now thats finished I have a problem with the electric windows.. when you hold the button down for the auto open all the way it just stops after opening about 2 inches then you have to press it again where it proceeds to open another 2 inches. Same thing happens when you close then and they are not closing when you deadlock the car either..

Anyone know anything about this?? I am sure it happened on my 52 plate model (around the time I had the stereo removed cos I was upgrading the car) and wondered if it was to do with the interruption in the power as the battery was disconnected??

HELP!!!!! Or is it already time for its 1st visit back to the dealer!!!

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:28 pm

if the battery has been disconnected,you may need to reset the one touch
facilty by closing window fully + holding the switch up for about 10 seconds. (think you may need to do the two fronts both at the same time,sure somebody in the know will correct this if i`m wrong)

Minx

Postby Minx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks for that 'onlydiesels' - I just took the time to seacrh the fault on the site and have seen that mentioned a few times so will give it a go in the morning.

Fingers crossed it works - I wanna be out in it tomorrow enjoying the bright sunshine and letting Glos listen to my music aswell as myself!!

Minx

Postby Minx » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 pm

I am very pleased to say that the '10 sec' hold has worked and all has now returned to normal!!!!

Thanks for your help

From a VERY happy (at the mo!!) megane owner!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”