Ok 56- plate clunk??

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ian_kell
Passed Theory

Ok 56- plate clunk??

Postby ian_kell » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:25 pm

Got in my megane this morning and headed off to my mothers for lunch. Got to the speed bumps and heard a huge clunk passenger front side. Happened a few times and after driving around for a while got underneath and found all ok

Any ideas and is it safe to drive? I did read it may be a loose strut?

Phone my local garage and booked in tues for a road test. Is this the right way to go

Only worried as i have to got work tomorrow which is 35 miles on teh motorway. Any help appreciated

Iain

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:30 pm

hi iain

it is the best way, dont do anything yourself, as they will sate "your warranty is void"

im not that much of a mechanic, so not sure if it is road safe!! but if it only happes over bumps and your on the striaght shouldn't be a problem

let us know how it goes on the way to/from work...and what the garage say.
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

ian_kell
Passed Theory

Well

Postby ian_kell » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:33 pm

If i know my local dealer itll be nothing lol as all i have ever had is problems with them

I just worry the wheel is going to fall off or something !!

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:42 pm

Mine makes the same noise, has done from virtually new. It's been in to the garage several times now, still nothing can be pinpointed as to it's cause?

The shocker top bearings were replaced becuse the stearing used to go "Twang" when I was turning right. I have been reassured that nothing is loose or about to fall off.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Mine has started making a feint thumping/clunking noise from the steering/suspension when I go over bumps or turn the steering to park. Haven't investigated it yet. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse so I may ignore it.

Renault Build A Better Car :D

ian_kell
Passed Theory

This however

Postby ian_kell » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:50 am

Isnt anything to do with steering i hope

Its loud as you go over bumps or potholes at slow speeds. At speed all you hear is a whizzing noise as if something is loose.

Read its a copmmon problem on Meggies on Parkers. Sure hope its a loose strut or something. Saying that its under warranty!

Iain

ian_kell
Passed Theory

Well

Postby ian_kell » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 pm

AM BACK HOME SAFE BUT STILL CAUSING PROBLEMS

CLUNKED ANYWHERE UPTO 40 mph THEN STOPS? pERHASP THE SPEED OF THE CAR AND SO I CANT HEAR IT

ian_kell
Passed Theory

Bed spring

Postby ian_kell » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:10 am

Theres the answer. Thats what my garage found

Made them all chuckle as they suspected much worse!!

iAIN

Return to “Problems / Questions”