megnae 11

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

nico

megnae 11

Postby nico » Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 pm

hello all i just bought a megane 11> 19 dci can any one keep me inform on any thing i need to keep and eye on ? ty all

silencer51
Advanced Driver

Postby silencer51 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:00 pm

You have plenty of reading to do, but I think the most important thing on a 1,9 DCi is to check is the condition of the turbo...
Gray Megane II 1,6 5dr hatch 05/2003
Set dephasers to stall!

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:03 pm

silencer51 wrote:You have plenty of reading to do, but I think the most important thing on a 1,9 DCi is to check is the condition of the turbo...

Maybe you should have done the reading before you bought the car??
Arwell, It could be a goodun, there has to be an exception. Sorry 1:moc , but I didnt believe all the negatory stuff I heard on here, untill I bought my car,

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:19 pm

cyclonebri1 wrote:
silencer51 wrote:You have plenty of reading to do, but I think the most important thing on a 1,9 DCi is to check is the condition of the turbo...

Maybe you should have done the reading before you bought the car??
Arwell, It could be a goodun, there has to be an exception. Sorry 1:moc , but I didnt believe all the negatory stuff I heard on here, untill I bought my car,

dont agree!!! I must be the chosen one then!! had mine for 2 year done 50k and not 1 problem!!

Most reliable car I have ever yes ever owened!!!

Best of luck.

Ps: to be honest I am getting pissed of reading this forum (nowt against the mods etc etc) sometimes with the amount of negative comments flying about!!!

L77

Old Bill
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: LY R26 Lux No 2875

Postby Old Bill » Mon May 28, 2007 6:23 pm

I'm with L77 here, I have had mine three years now, and apart from little niggles that you will get with any car of any make I have had a completely hassle free and fun time with my Meg. It even passed the MOT with no issues whatsoever.

As I have said before and say again, a forum like this will always show up the worst in a car becasue people will ask questions when something goes wrong. When things are going right you have nothing to query.

Nico, just drive the car and enjoy it. If you have any problems use this forum as a knowledge base. There are some very knowledgable people on here that will be more than willing to help you.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:38 pm

I've never had a single problem, well not memorable, with any car I've owned in my near 40 years driving experience, mostly all VX for the last 20 years but had a renault and several VW before. Look after the family fleet of motors, and believe me I kind of know my stuff having built several kitcars and trackday specials. Get where I'm coming from??
Daughter has had a clio mk i 1.4, a Clio 172, now has a megane 15dci. Her bloke had an other clio 172. My wife had a clio 1.4 for 5 years, and has know had a clio 11 1.5 dci for 5 years from new.

THEY HAVE ALL BEEN FAULTLESS WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT A 15DCI 106 SUPER TOURER WHEN I NEEDED AN NEW ESTATE CAR.

BUT, :flush This is just proving to be a totally unreliable car. I'd seen this forum before I got the car, and to be honest I thought it was bullsh1t, some sort of anti renault propaganda site. But believe me I now wish I'd listened. Everyone I talked to about my proposed purchase advised me to look elsewhwere. I really am begining to wish I had listened hence my agrieved posts.

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:49 pm

cyclonebri1 wrote:I've never had a single problem, well not memorable, with any car I've owned in my near 40 years driving experience, mostly all VX for the last 20 years but had a renault and several VW before. Look after the family fleet of motors, and believe me I kind of know my stuff having built several kitcars and trackday specials. Get where I'm coming from??
Daughter has had a clio mk i 1.4, a Clio 172, now has a megane 15dci. Her bloke had an other clio 172. My wife had a clio 1.4 for 5 years, and has know had a clio 11 1.5 dci for 5 years from new.

THEY HAVE ALL BEEN FAULTLESS WHICH IS WHY I BOUGHT A 15DCI 106 SUPER TOURER WHEN I NEEDED AN NEW ESTATE CAR.

BUT, :flush This is just proving to be a totally unreliable car. I'd seen this forum before I got the car, and to be honest I thought it was bullsh1t, some sort of anti renault propaganda site. But believe me I now wish I'd listened. Everyone I talked to about my proposed purchase advised me to look elsewhwere. I really am begining to wish I had listened hence my agrieved posts.

Your contraticting yourself then! all your family have been happy enough with there Renaults yet others (and I agree with you here) have said NOT to buy a Renault, so wouldnt you agree (and with your 40 year plus knowledge of cars) its all hit and miss with ANY car!

Do a search for any car forum websites have a wee read of there problem pages and I would bet there pretty much the same! ie, saab, merc, I dont just mean vauxhall ford and the likes.

So on my megane experience I would advise anyone to go get one and enjoy it.

PS: Just to point out I have nothing to do with Renault in any way!! just a happy megane owner.

________

____

L77

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Tue May 29, 2007 7:45 am

Well my First Meg II 1.9dCi Privilege was near faultless for 2 years. I was an avid poster of positive comments on this Forum as like you, I too got fed up with all the negative posts that poeple would write. Then I bought another, a facelift model and it was a nightmare, so I got rid of it. It was then that I could see why people were so negative about it.

I think like most things there is an element of luck. Having said that I could and never would recommend a Megane even though I think its a great looking car.

I now have an A3 Sportback and I would have no hesitation in recommending one to anybody.

Best of luck in gettting your problems sorted.

Margaretdorothy2

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:43 am

it really is amazing to read some of these commen ts, surely with all cars it's the luck of the draw, I am now on my third renault, and have had good service from the first two, just hope this one lives up to expectations, but we shall see, still think Renault is a good buy, even the TOP Brands have their problems, think about it, the more "upmarket equipment" the more likely to have some small niggles, and Renault certainly have introduced as standard some equipment that the TOP Brands charge extra for.

Give Renault a break, how about some possitive comments!

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 am

this negative comments affected the top gear survey as well,if you can remember.As OldBill mentioned,you are more likely to leave comment if you are unhappy with your purchase/service rather than when you are happy.

I know that brand new VW's,BMW's got funny problems as well but try and be a bit more positive.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:24 pm

L77 wrote:
cyclonebri1 wrote:I've never had a single problem, well not memorable, with any car I've owned in my near 40 years driving experience, mostly all VX for the last 20 years but had a renault and several VW before. Look after the family fleet of motors, and believe me I kind of know my stuff having built several kitcars and trackday specials. Get where I'm coming from??

Your contraticting yourself then! all your family have been happy enough with there Renaults yet others (and I agree with you here) have said NOT to buy a Renault, so wouldnt you agree (and with your 40 year plus knowledge of cars) its all hit and miss with ANY car!

Do a search for any car forum websites have a wee read of there problem pages and I would bet there pretty much the same! ie, saab, merc, I dont just mean vauxhall ford and the likes.

PS: Just to point out I have nothing to do with Renault in any way!! just a happy megane owner.

No, I'm not contradicting myself, and if you'd care to read that again you would see so.
I said I was well happy with my previous experience of Renault cars. But that has know changed. I didn't believe all that was said against the Megane 11. I wish I had. I know one thing along with lods more folks, that is this model has many times more reported problems that any similar car. Tell me of a forum that has such a negative view of the cars they own than this one??? I think that says it all really.
Of course people kick up and report problems rather than acceptable performance, thats where our expectations lie nowadays, my 1972 Viva was more reliable than this car I now have. Sorry if I offend but you may have a goodun, why can't they all be gooduns :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Margaretdorothy2 wrote:it really is amazing to read some of these commen ts, surely with all cars it's the luck of the draw, I am now on my third renault, and have had good service from the first two, just hope this one lives up to expectations, but we shall see, still think Renault is a good buy, even the TOP Brands have their problems, think about it, the more "upmarket equipment" the more likely to have some small niggles, and Renault certainly have introduced as standard some equipment that the TOP Brands charge extra for.

Give Renault a break, how about some possitive comments!

Luck of the draw!!!!! Do you honestly accept that there is a significant chance that your car is going to be sub standard when you buy it?

How about some positive service or positive response from renault before some positive comments :?: :?: :?:
If there was nothing wrong people would not give renault a tongue lashing.

The balance here seems to be no more than 50/50 in terms of customer stisfaction, those odds are way wrong.

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Tue May 29, 2007 8:40 pm

I think the problem is when they are bad they are really, really bad and Renault UK don't seem to be able to get to grips with sorting it out and giving decent customer service.

Personally my Meg has been good so far (touch wood!) and I also ran a Scenic II for a year which didn't miss a beat, although when the delivery driver picked it up he was surprised I didn't have a tale of woe.

L77
Pass Plus

Postby L77 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:32 pm

cyclonebri1 wrote:
L77 wrote:

No, I'm not contradicting myself, and if you'd care to read that again you would see so.
I said I was well happy with my previous experience of Renault cars. But that has know changed. I didn't believe all that was said against the Megane 11. I wish I had. I know one thing along with lods more folks, that is this model has many times more reported problems that any similar car. Tell me of a forum that has such a negative view of the cars they own than this one??? I think that says it all really.
Of course people kick up and report problems rather than acceptable performance, thats where our expectations lie nowadays, my 1972 Viva was more reliable than this car I now have. Sorry if I offend but you may have a goodun, why can't they all be gooduns :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Not at all no need to apologies, just like getting a boot in the gonads all the time for no reason :lol:
Ok how much meganes have been sold compared to some other makes models in its class? I would put money on and be confident that its lots more (in the uk anyway) than other cars makers!
Hence the more you make/sell the more probs your going to get!

I have experience of Pug, Citroen, Fiat :evil: ,Vauxhall (worst car I have owned :twisted: ) I have had 2 Renaults and they have been the best I have owned and most fun.

Ps: I honestly would still say and believe it is your luck with cars.

Cheers for a constructive reply :wink:

________

____

L77

Margaretdorothy2

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:25 am

I agree entirely with you "L77" I also had a Vauxhall, and it proved to be the worst car i had ever had, just proves that it is the "Luck of the draw"and I agree that if you do get a "Bad one" regardless of make, it does turn you off buying the same.

Return to “Problems / Questions”