frank sinatra mode ON

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

frank sinatra mode ON

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Problems?
I've had a few,
but then again,
Too few to mention.
OK SORRY I/WE have had many.

Has anyone anything good to say about their Megane or it's dealer????

Purely out of interest.....

jazzyrath

Mostly bad things to say

Postby jazzyrath » Thu May 24, 2007 9:07 pm

HI there bought my megane an 04 plate last october. Gorgeous white 17 inch alloys. Loved the way it looked and drives and the toys that came with.
All was going well until feb. Had to have both rear wheel bearings replaced on the 3rd visit to the dealers. Also clutch start sensor went. Although a really loud noise coming from rear dealers said nothing wrong. Had the squealing brakes, well still do, nothing wrong with them again according to the dealers. The front passenger window wouldnt work. It has been replaced and i had it in last week as it went again. Picked car up yesterday all ok got in this morning and its gone again. Loads of niggles and im getting really pissed off.Warranty up in october and im worried. Just found out baby on the way and dont really want a pile of shite sitting with loads of probs and no money to fix it.

Sorry for the moan. Love the car but can they not just build them correctly.

L77
Pass Plus

Re: frank sinatra mode ON

Postby L77 » Thu May 24, 2007 9:33 pm

cyclonebri1 wrote:Problems?
I've had a few,
but then again,
Too few to mention.
OK SORRY I/WE have had many.

Has anyone anything good to say about their Megane or it's dealer????

Purely out of interest.....

Said it before and will say it again. the Meg is the best and most reliable car I have ever owned!!!!!

Its a 53 plate had its 1st MOT in Jan this year and breezed through!! it has 50000 miles on the clock its a 1.4 16v 3door Dyna model!!!

I have not had one problem with my this car!!!!!!!!!! it just plods on and on and on, and believe me it doesnt get any special treatment it gets used abused and loves it :lol:

Also have just got a 56 plate Meg 1.6 dyna 5 door model in Feb this year and so far so good also................

Will be keeping the 53 plate till end of this year then I will be trading the wee Meggie in :cry: :cry: :cry:

Think about how many meganes you see on the UK roads, thats why we prob hear more "horror stories!!" about megs.

L77

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Fri May 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Australian Meganes seem to have no problems down here!

Mines been running perfectly and not a single problem. Build quailty is excellent. 21,000km+ and going strong.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

ICEMAN
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 1.5DCi + Lexus RX 300

Postby ICEMAN » Fri May 25, 2007 12:54 pm

i bought mine last sept - 56plate 1.5 Dci.

it was bought as a graduation present from myself to myself.

Got to say it is a fab car, and i ahve it just as i like it.....BUT

it has come with its problems, it has been in the renault garage 7 time in 6 months!!

slightly disappointed but, what can you do, still love it.
Black Megane - Black Tints - Black 18" Rims with Chrome - Angel Eyes - Shark Fin - Tail Fins - Kenwood DNX7200 - ipod Video -Hertz Space 6.5" Components - PG Ti500.4 - MTX 9544-15" Sub - Orion D5000 - Audison Cabling - Optima Power = NICE

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:07 pm

I still love mine, 55plate 106 est, BUT, only just. I have never had such an unreliable car in my life, and I'm well into my fifties. In context previous Vectra owned from 8 months and sold at 8 years, nevr saw a garage exept for mot.
Thje bloody Meganne turns up the road to the main agent every time we get near?????????????????
Checdk injection warning on again this morning, bit of a record really, it's the first time it's done it for 2 whole weeks 8)

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Apart from a few problems I am still very pleased with mine.

In my opinion Renault need to tighten up the build quality a bit more and ensure all the electric gadgetry is reliable beyond the warranty period.

I would give mine an overall rating of 8/10.

I can't think of another five door diesel hatch I would rather have.

Renault Build A Better Car :D

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Mines been reasonable, it's blotted it's copy book a couple of times, but has never broken down and left me stranded, but it has suffered from too many little niggling faults that really it should not have? I'd probably give it a B- possibly B. Regardless of it's faults, I really do enjoy driving it (good job as I've got it for another 2 years yet!)

In my opinion Renault need to tighten up the build quality a bit more and ensure all the electric gadgetry is reliable beyond the warranty period.

If you read the blurb on the new Laguna that's what their aiming for? Hear's hoping :!:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Unfortunately we've heard that before.... a long time ago when the R25 was launched it was said that Renault looked towards BMW as a quality comparison.

We shall see. Mustn't judge until we see the New Laguna. If it's well built then I shall buy one.

Renault Build A Better Car :D

xv_biker1
Just Passed

Postby xv_biker1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm

I love the meg, true its had a few little niggles but nothing serious.
Think it had the clutch cable slooked at cause of my big feet and a wheel bearing somewhere both done on warrenty.

Its due for its service in the not too far future.

If you get the check injection on a diesel meg then check your glow plugs dead easy to do pop the bonnet take them out and put them on a 12volt supply and see which one doesnt glow red. Be careful they get **very** hot.

Just wish i didnt buy a full four of the plugs - ive only used one! ever mind!

Return to “Problems / Questions”