Rough idle 1.5dci engine mount

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

man with megane II

Rough idle 1.5dci engine mount

Postby man with megane II » Thu May 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi,

After reading many posts on the "lumpy idle" it would seem that my car has the same issue!! On idle the vibrations are felt through the car, very lumpy tick over.

My car has 75000 miles & is a '04 plate 1.5dci100, I have had this problem for about 40000 miles. I always thought it was a engine management issue & wasn't too concerned as the car ran fine otherwise.

However it be nice to have it resolved. If I were too inspect the top mount is it easily noticable to find the fault? Is it an easy job too change, as the car is out of warranty?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Si

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu May 24, 2007 6:35 pm

If the top mounting has collapsed then there will be no gap between it and the bodywork. Mine was changed last October for this very reason, but it did not cure the problem, subsequent visits resulted in a number of checks and adjustments but still no improvement :( A couple of weeks ago the engine stabilzer bar was changed along with the engine/gearbox mount, this did make an improvement for a while, but I'm sad to say the the vibes are back again :( :banghead so once again it's back to my dealer for further investigation.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the top mounting, maybe WebCode could shed some light on the matter?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

JIMR2
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique Tourer 1.5 dci

Re: Rough idle 1.5dci engine mount

Postby JIMR2 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi, not sure if you're getting the same problem as me?? I also have a 1.5dci but mine only idles ""lumpy like!!"" intermittently. sometimes it can idle perfectly nice and smooth, then other times it can vibrate the whole car (nice) I also knew of a colleague's 1.5dci doing the same thing.
BASICALLY - what I'me wondering is.. did you ever get to the bottom of it??? and does it sound like a similar issue???? IF SO, WHATS THE CURE????????????????????

ANY HELP FROM ANYONE ANYWHERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I really doubt its anything to do with mounts and reckon its something to do with the ecu but thats just me hazarding a guess.

muchas gracias :D

Anthony
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane 1.5 dci 100

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:13 pm

JIMR2 wrote:Hi, not sure if you're getting the same problem as me?? I also have a 1.5dci but mine only idles ""lumpy like!!"" intermittently. sometimes it can idle perfectly nice and smooth, then other times it can vibrate the whole car (nice) I also knew of a colleague's 1.5dci doing the same thing.
BASICALLY - what I'me wondering is.. did you ever get to the bottom of it??? and does it sound like a similar issue???? IF SO, WHATS THE CURE????????????????????

ANY HELP FROM ANYONE ANYWHERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

I really doubt its anything to do with mounts and reckon its something to do with the ecu but thats just me hazarding a guess.

muchas gracias :D

Same 'problem' for me too. Weird thing is I'm sure it did it less/stopped when I used BP Ultimate! :?

Will stick it in next time to see.
2005 1.5dci 100 Sport Hatch -Gone!

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:18 pm

To check the engine mounts grab hold of the engine and give it a rock to see how much movement there is obviously there will be more movement when moving/braking but if your engine rocks a lot stood still you know a mount has gone and need replacing.

Anthony
Rally Driver

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Thinking more about it now though. When applying and letting off throttle my gear stick moves backwards and forwards a noticeable amount. Would this point to worn mounts or is it normal? The car drives fine but the only thing I would pick up on is that it is difficult to engage 1st sometimes unless it is at a complete standstill.

Tis a head scratcher!

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 pm

I would say that sounds like your gearbox mounting aka dogbone like I said in my previous post give your engine a shake and see how much movement there is
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _862wt_939 is the part you need

Anthony
Rally Driver

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 pm

sav0 wrote:I would say that sounds like your gearbox mounting aka dogbone like I said in my previous post give your engine a shake and see how much movement there is
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... _862wt_939 is the part you need

Could be right there matey :idea Shouldn't be too difficult to change that either should it.

JIMR2

Postby JIMR2 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:37 pm

i'll have a pop at using some of that fuel injector cleaner crap then fork out a few extr pennies on my forthcoming fuelling to put in some higher spec deisel in and see if that helps?? anythings worth a try!! apart from poo of course. :roll:

Anthony
Rally Driver

Postby Anthony » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:39 pm

JIMR2 wrote:i'll have a pop at using some of that fuel injector cleaner crap then fork out a few extr pennies on my forthcoming fuelling to put in some higher spec deisel in and see if that helps?? anythings worth a try!! apart from poo of course. :roll:

Yeah worth a try.

skyhawk0_4
Currently Drives:: renault scenic 1.5 dci

Postby skyhawk0_4 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:23 pm

I have the same problem. 06 plate scenic 1.5 dci. sometimes is rough as if running on 3 cylinders. other times is perfect. Tried cracking off each injector to see if it would point to one partictular injector/cylinder. Very hard to tell as it's obviously not running on 3 cylinders.
Not the engine mount or the fuel. Have tried injector cleaner and no difference. I suspect electrics. Will take all the connections off the injectors tomorrow and give them a spray with wd40. Same with any other fuel associated wiring.
:D

JIMR2

Postby JIMR2 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:15 am

skyhawk0_4 wrote:I have the same problem. 06 plate scenic 1.5 dci. sometimes is rough as if running on 3 cylinders. other times is perfect. Tried cracking off each injector to see if it would point to one partictular injector/cylinder. Very hard to tell as it's obviously not running on 3 cylinders.
Not the engine mount or the fuel. Have tried injector cleaner and no difference. I suspect electrics. Will take all the connections off the injectors tomorrow and give them a spray with wd40. Same with any other fuel associated wiring.
:D

will be interresting to hear of your results!!

wazza99

Postby wazza99 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Same hear, 1.5dci, idles fine sometimes but mainly has lumpy idle, rocks car !! only low level, just started around 30k, everything else seems to be fine. May check the mounts when gets a bit warmer. Love to know if anyone knows the solution.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 pm

You could also have a problem with your DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) :(
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

JIMR2

Postby JIMR2 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Ran the car after using fuel injector cleaner and bp "ultimate" diesel but no difference

car can still be very lumpy (as if not firing on all cylinders) although This doesn't happen all of the time - sometimes runs well !!?

Anybody come up with any answers yet ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm a bit strapped for cash so can't get it diagnosed for a while - but again, no major issue as its the missus's car! lol

cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”