24,000 mile service

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

24,000 mile service

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Phoned Renault Enfield last week and they told me that my 130Dci is on a 12K service schedule........so im up to 19.5K and the 'Change oil soon' light has come on. I thought i should book a service sooner rather than later, but the online booking service at Renault has no mention of a 24K mile service.......whats wrong?

Any idea of cost for this service.....around £250 im thinking?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Wed May 23, 2007 2:14 pm

They've probably not updated their online booking facility?
£250 would I think be about right, but double check first. If you want to save a little money supply your own oil, at least that way you know what's in it.
Oilman (opie oils) has 10% off for a while, see this post https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=5001
but not for much longer! :(
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 23, 2007 4:13 pm

.....£250 :(

Well not much i can do about it i suppose, ive done 8500miles since March in it (troublefree...should i have said that) so probably deserves a decent service

What Oil does Renault use? Is it as good or better than Castrol etc etc?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu May 24, 2007 7:49 am

Could be anything from Shell, Elf, Castrol or Motrio, but it needs to be a fully synthetic 5W40 that meets the ACEA B3 B4 standard (NOTHING LESS)

You don't have to use a Renault dealer for your servicing. You can use any garage as long as it's VAT registered and genuine Renault parts are used and all the service items are attended to. Your warranty will not be affected.

You could probably save yourself a lot of money this way?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Spoke to another renault garage...Waters in Hemel, and now they reckon my Megane should be serviced every 9,000miles or one year!!

Who should i believe??

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Wed May 30, 2007 1:53 pm

Get on to Renault UK with your registration number (I'd have the chassis and engine number to hand as well) to seek confirmation of the service interval.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 30, 2007 2:02 pm

My Megane does have the FAP filter so Renault Enfield gave me the wrong information.......i should of had it serviced at 18K its now done nearly 20K will it effect my warranty???

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Wed May 30, 2007 2:10 pm

MidlandDan wrote:My Megane does have the FAP filter so Renault Enfield gave me the wrong information.......i should of had it serviced at 18K its now done nearly 20K will it effect my warranty???

I did think it strange when you said that the change oil light had come on at 19.5k as they only usually come on in the few hundred miles prior to service.

Speak to the initial dealer and be nice about it, so nice in fact that you will probably want to be sick and you may get away with it.

If you've no luck there then legally it will void your warranty however, I'd be tempted to speak to Renault UK and state that you were given the wrong info from your dealer, although it's your word against theirs.

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Wed May 30, 2007 2:13 pm

Just had another thought, iirc there's a grace period of 1 month so if you can say that you've done 1.5k miles in the past month you might get away with it.

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 30, 2007 2:19 pm

but the 1st service before i had the car was done at 12K miles.........so legally i havent gone 9k miles since then........and Renault fudged up in the 1st place

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Wed May 30, 2007 4:08 pm

It's got to be a case for Renault UK to be involved, I would hope that you'll be ok. Let us know how you go on.

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Wed May 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Me to!

Im going to ring the garage when i get back from work.

Somethings dont add up, either the first service was done at the wrong interval which then has confused Renault Enfield to then assume it every 12K miles......

If the garage make a fuss im going to kick off, as far as im concerend im an innocent car buyer.......if Renault cant sort their dealers out to work out what service interval a car needs what hope have they got!!

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Thu May 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Spoke to Renault, they have admitted liability, totally confessing that they couldnt organise a p1ss up in a pub.

They also said that Renault warranty covers unlimited mileage in the first two years, so its going to Renault on monday for its 18K service.......discounted :)

Stranger
Site Admin

Postby Stranger » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:15 am

Result!!!

Bet that's a weight off your mind.

MidlandDan
Passed Theory

Postby MidlandDan » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 am

Your not kidding!!

Especially as it seems to be running abit rough at the moment, acceleration seems to be down a bit, not turbo lag, after a gear change there seems to be a flat spot.......if that makes sense?

Return to “Problems / Questions”