Hands free / keyless opening and starting

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

candy_xyz

Hands free / keyless opening and starting

Postby candy_xyz » Thu May 17, 2007 9:11 pm

Since Ive had my Megane it has never started or opened without the fob, i have noticed that some people on this site have the same model as mine, and seem to have this facility. How do you know if it is supposed to have a keyless start and entry?

Is this on particular models? Or was it something that had to be requested as an 'add-on' by the first owner?

Thanks xx
Megane VVT Dynamique (2 door) Hatch
Petrol, Manual
1.6 Engine
'53 plate registered October '03
Mileage 47k (March 06)

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Thu May 17, 2007 11:24 pm

Hi there!

As far as I know (not being an expert on the subject) if your car is "handsfree" it will unlock as soon as you put your hand in between the door handle and the door, and have sensors here.

Mine is not handsfree so I have to press the relevant buttons on the keycard, ie. top - unlock, bottom - lock & deadlock, right - boot lock & unlock. Hope this helps but if not I'm sure someone with a better explanation will come along soon! :D

Regards

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Fri May 18, 2007 7:37 am

Hands Free is only standard on the Privlege, but can be ordered on the Dynamique as part of the Comfort pack. It can also be ordered individually (I think).

The easy way to tell is if you have a small oval button in each door handle.... it's these that you press to lock the car and when you come back it will unlock as soon as you put your hand behind the handle. Also the centre rubber part of the Renault badge on the boot has a button built in, but is hidden by a ribbed rubber layer. Even if you haven't got the Hands Free you will still notice a small black square behind each handle which is what the sensor sits behind when its fitted.

Hope this helps :)

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Fri May 18, 2007 9:09 am

we got them as an extra option,good option if it doesn't play up.ours is just a 3dr,so just 2 door handles with buttons to lock the car,and as privilege said unlocks when you get to the car and try the handle.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

candy_xyz

thanks!!!

Postby candy_xyz » Fri May 18, 2007 7:45 pm

thanks all!!! That answers that question for me xx
Megane VVT Dynamique (2 door) Hatch

Petrol, Manual

1.6 Engine

'53 plate registered October '03

Mileage 47k (March 06)

andspenka
Advanced Driver

Postby andspenka » Fri May 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Also you can try pressing the start button without putting your card in the slot, if it's not hands-free it will say Card Not Detected.
1.6 CC Dymanique in Ottoman Blue

Return to “Problems / Questions”