misty windows !!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

barney

misty windows !!!!

Postby barney » Tue May 15, 2007 6:39 pm

hiya guys

got a problem with my meggie windows steaming up when it rains.the only way i can clear them is by using the air con.it rained while i was in work today and i watched my windows steam up before my eyes.the rain stopped and the windows cleared .is this magic!!!!!!!! any help really helpful.

cheers

barney

Hoody
Just Passed

Postby Hoody » Tue May 15, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi barney

On your dials where your heater controls are, make sure that the one with the air circulation diagrams on it is set to intake from outside, not re-circulate air inside car. (basically, the three heater dials. The one on the left should be facing up over) This may help.
Megane II 1.5 Dci Dynamique 3dr, Ottoman Blue, Private Registration, Sony GT30RN Head Unit, ShinyAutos.com Interior White LED Kit, 3rd Brake Light Cover, MOC Sticker

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Another idea, is to set the dial to recirculate when you park up, to limit the amount of moist air that gets into the car while you aren't in it. Reset to fresh air when you start up and put air con on. Also, check the spare wheel space for moisture. Mine was flooded today with no obvious cause...
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu May 24, 2007 1:02 pm

Mine used to do this and it was down to water ingress along the bulkhead. As mentioned check the recirc options for you CC / heater / AC and then look for evidence of water ingress, oh and another thing it could be is a blocked or incorrectly routed AC pipe (the one which lets the water out under the front of the car).
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

__spc__
Learner Driver

Postby __spc__ » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I have this problem, and in the winter, on a sunny morning, I have massive condensation on the windows facing away from the sun.

There is no obvious source of water ingress to provide this moisture, so any ideas where I should be looking in teh vehicle after heavy rain? Spare wheel well I gather, but anything else?

Thanks - Steven.
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:11 am

It's a Renault thing, you need to dry out the air system, have it on nice and hot and the aircon off. Open the windows and let the moist air out. When using the aircon to clear the windows try and remember to turn it off before you reach your destination to give it a chance to dry out
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

__spc__
Learner Driver

Postby __spc__ » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:56 am

Thanks for that - I'll give that a go next time I can't see anything through the windscreen etc.!

And for usage? I'm guessing hot day, air con with recirculate (to keep the air cooler) and on a wet cool day, don't use recirculate?
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

Return to “Problems / Questions”