noise/vibration

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

onlydiesels

noise/vibration

Postby onlydiesels » Mon May 14, 2007 9:02 pm

since getting my 1.9 dci (2003 model) it suffered from a noise/vibration when coming off the revs inbetween gear changes,which sounded like something bearing like. as i was doing the timing belt (full kit) anyway,i thought i`d replace the water pump while i was at it. while stripping it down,i found that the multi v belt tensioner pulley was noisy and rough,so changed that as well (full kit inc belt).after doing all this,the noise is still there,albeit a bit quiter.also seems noisy from the top end of the engine/injectors when coming off throttle between gear changes!!

theres nothing wrong with belt timing etc,i think eng/injector noise may have been there before,but could`nt hear it for the pulley noise.
has anyone else had this or similar probs + what was the fix??
not complaining about it cos the car was right price,so expected to spend a few quid on it anyway.
t/belt kit (reno)£90
multi v belt + tensioner kit (reno) £17.62 ! !
to buy the v belt tensioner brg on it`s own is apparently £118 ???
add to this £60 quid on full service kit,
£35 on the water pump.
not bad for just over £200 !

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Mon May 14, 2007 9:04 pm

aargh. posted in wrong section.after all that typing :oops:

guynkate

Postby guynkate » Tue May 15, 2007 6:26 am

Does it vibrate when on tick over too? a common problem on the 1.5 dci is the top engine mount.

Rgs
2005 1.5 DCi Dynamique (or how ever it is spelt :)
Glass roof and car park ding on front bumper (ask the misses)

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Tue May 15, 2007 5:27 pm

onlydiesels wrote:aargh. posted in wrong section.after all that typing :oops:

moved :)

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Tue May 15, 2007 8:32 pm

thanks ray.
i see your from where i`m from.small world!

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Postby Jonault » Wed May 16, 2007 10:34 am

I have a 1.4 petrol that suffers from a noisy tappet. You can hear a rattle when changing gear and it is at it's worst when decelerating as the revs drop between 3,100 to 3,000 rpm. The Renault Technician came for a spin and agreed there was a noise but was not prepared to start pulling the engine apart as there was no drop in performance or increase in fuel consumption. I have completed 14K in the car and I still have 18mth of warranty left for things to get worse. If they do get worse they advised me to bring the car back in.
If your mystery sound is a failing hydraulic tappet, you may be stuck with it until it wears a flat on the cam lobe.

John
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”