Childlock issue!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

fiatcinq

Childlock issue!!!

Postby fiatcinq » Fri May 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi all new member here! Can any1 tell me how you put the child locks on rear door to stop him trying to open it whilst travaling? His getting big now and just as clever very worried! :( Its a 1.4 16v authentique 2003 model
Thanx

skez

Postby skez » Sun May 13, 2007 9:42 am

Have a look at your electric window buttons on the drivers side, there might be a button at the bottom which has two people on one end and a light on the other, this is your child lock button,if you have electric windows in the back this button also locks off the windows from the back aswell. If you don't have this button then open the rear doors and look at the door mechanisim there might be a little switch/bar this will be the child door lock. Hope this helps

fiatcinq

Postby fiatcinq » Mon May 14, 2007 3:48 pm

Hi!
Thanx but i have no button on the drivers window mech or little latch on the doors on the rear like most normal cars do! just a little round plastic thing with an hour glass shape centre??? We recently moved so' i'll try dig out the manual i think! Thanx again :D

fiatcinq

Postby fiatcinq » Fri May 18, 2007 9:04 pm

Got a big palava going on with reno now as my 5 door megane has electric child locks but no button to arm/disarm them anywhere? None on the drivers door and nothing by the dash dimmer and adjustable headlihght button either? they say i have to pay £100 a side and they said they had changed the locks on a recall after only 14 miles from new! But i still have to pay but they admit they are more than likely the wrong type fitted and should be manual arm/disarm! took it there and both the technician were dumbfounded! mental.

Return to “Problems / Questions”