ABS Warning Light

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

glen290
Learner Driver

ABS Warning Light

Postby glen290 » Wed May 02, 2007 3:55 pm

Getting a bit worried here, its now nearly 5pm and my car has been at the dealers since 8am, while they investigate the problem relating to my abs warning light being on.
I get the feeling the longer they take, the more expensive the fix will be... :cry: :cry:
http://www.bowl-northwest.co.uk
Sport Hatch Driver Black MII 2.0l VVT.

rizzlerDCI

Postby rizzlerDCI » Wed May 02, 2007 9:17 pm

I can see why you are worried. I had a SEAT before the Megane and the dealer only worked on the car for 1 hour and it cost me £147.
GreenHill racing-Adapt and overcome!

glen290
Learner Driver

Quick update

Postby glen290 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:33 am

Just had a call from the dealers, they cant find anything wrong with the abs sensors, nothing shows up on the diagnostic, so they are going to have to start checking the wiring for a breakage somewhere..
Not looking too good really... :cry: :cry:

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Thu May 03, 2007 10:32 am

One of the reasons we recently traded in out Pug 307 was 5 weeks after the warranty ran out the gearbox counterbalance fell off. I picked it up so all they needed was a new bolt. Took it to the main dealer since I reckoned they'd do if faster than any other place and it still took them 2 hours. No goodwill (although they said they might do a good offer on a newer car since we were starting to look for an estate).

Strange thing is that had Peugeot written to us saying we could take out an extended warranty we would have brought it, and still had the 307. Now I'm getting used to the Megane I think we're much better off with it. Still, might extend the warranty when the time comes, since labour charges are so high...

glen290
Learner Driver

Postby glen290 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Woohoo all fixed, turns out it was a broken wire beneath the airbox.
Fixed for a total cost of £305.
Much cheaper than I expected, got to admin that I am quite impressed with the service I have received from Arnold Clark in St Helens. :D

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu May 03, 2007 12:17 pm

Fixed for a total cost of £305.
Much cheaper than I expected, got to admin that I am quite impressed with the service I have received from Arnold Clark in St Helens.

£305 to trace an ABS fault and fix a broken wire is cheap? :shock: Not in my book it ain't!

And being impressed with service from Arnold Clark (excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor)

Arnold Clark and good service are not usually mentioned in the same sentance :lol:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

glen290
Learner Driver

Postby glen290 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:27 pm

I thought it was cheap considering that they have had the car for nearly 2 days, and did the repair too...

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 pm

I agree with iainMW
£305 to fix a broken wire is ridiculous!!!
I use arnold clark to buy cars because they tend to be cheaper but never NEVER use them for service or repairs, My nearest Arnold Clark Renault Service Dept do not have a clue!!
My Megane cc has been with my nearest renault service dept (Mackie Motors in Arbroath) for a day and a half and they have investigated, diagnosed and replaced a TDC sensor for grand total £147.
I think that is a good price?
Megane CC 1.9 Dci
Ass shaking and Topless!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”