Handsfree door sensors stopped working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Handsfree door sensors stopped working

Postby DaveP » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:53 pm

My tourer has just come back from the dealers and as usual there is now more wrong with it than when it went in! The doors now no longer unlock when you put your hand behind the handles - now have to pull the handle once to unlock and again to open the door. This is the same on all four doors so unlikely to be a failure of the sensors so either they have broken a wire somewhere or there is some simple way of turning this feature on/off - if anyone knows how to turn it back on and save yet another trip to the dealers (and who knows what they will break fixing this!!!) please let me know. Their response is simply "we'll have to book it in again to have a look"
At the end of the day... ..it gets dark

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:10 pm

Were they rummaging around inside the nearside rear door? The others take their feed from this sensor.

Renault Build A Better Car :D

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Re: Handsfree door sensors stopped working

Postby Privilege » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:52 am

DaveP wrote:....The doors now no longer unlock when you put your hand behind the handles - now have to pull the handle once to unlock and again to open the door. This is the same on all four doors so unlikely to be a failure of the sensors so either they have broken a wire somewhere or there is some simple way of turning this feature on/off - if anyone knows how to turn it back on and save yet another trip to the dealers (and who knows what they will break fixing this!!!) please let me know. Their response is simply "we'll have to book it in again to have a look"

That's what started happening on both my Meganes just before the handsfree packed up totally on the first one... needs sorting out. My second one just started doing it... sometimes and other days it worked normally :shock:

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 pm

Hadn't got around to booking it back in again but they've started working again all by themselves! Not sure if its linked but I came back to the car after a long weekend not using it and the sensors worked - this seems to be the opposite of what the manual says (after 3 days of no use the sensors are supposed to switch off to save the battery so you need to pull the handle once to switch them on again and again to unlock) Mine were off all the time but are now working fine again. Maybe the three day thing re-booted the system? anyway, its working now and i've recorded the fault with the dealer before the warranty runs out (i'm up to 57.5k since jul05!) so hopefully if it goes again they'll accept that it started to play up during warranty.
At the end of the day... ..it gets dark

Return to “Problems / Questions”