How do you childlock the rear doors?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Don
Passed Theory

How do you childlock the rear doors?

Postby Don » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:15 pm

Just picked up a 06 Sportwagen 1.5 106, really happy with it. I know I can childlock the rear doors from the drivers door, problem is it locks out the windows as well as the door, which is annoying for back seat passengers. Is there a way to simply child lock the doors but still have the windows working.

Thanks,

Don

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:21 pm

Hello.

As far as I'm aware I think if you lock the rear doors then the windows are locked as well. Don't think you can do it seperately. They assume if your kids are young enough to need door locks on then they should have window locks on too.

Someone may know different but I also have this problem with my 7 yo daughter. She wants the window open but I want the rear door locked for her.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:10 pm

dead lock the doors?
i think you hold down the lock button. then to unlock just press once or something.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

Mat
Pass Plus

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:00 pm

chrislloydie wrote:Hello.

As far as I'm aware I think if you lock the rear doors then the windows are locked as well. Don't think you can do it seperately. They assume if your kids are young enough to need door locks on then they should have window locks on too.

Someone may know different but I also have this problem with my 7 yo daughter. She wants the window open but I want the rear door locked for her.

If you lock the rear doors using the button on the window controls in the front, you can still operate the rear windows from the front, just not from the rear buttons.
Megane II Dynamique 2.0L VVTi 2004

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Postby Husky_Dog » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:04 pm

With the engine running press and hold the door lock button for about 10 seconds. You will see a message on the display and a bleep I think.

This will automatically lock the doors when you drive away.

The reverse to turn this function off.

regards,
Husky_Dog

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello all,

there are 3 bolts at the side of each rear door when you open it at the lock thing, above which you will find a plastic grooving,by using a screw driver turn this plastic thing on each door individualy and voila the door is locked from the inside without locking the windows (as any regular car) without using the child locking switch that locks both doors and windows and about pressing the central lock button for 10 seconds the doors will open as soon as you twist the door lever from inside.
hope I`ve helped.
Megane II 2006 sedan,Grey eclipse (B66),1600cc,16V, VVT,steptronic

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:31 pm

Correct, the drive away locking is to stop people (carjackers!) getting in, not to stop people getting out.

Return to “Problems / Questions”