Smashed Front passengers window.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

Smashed Front passengers window.

Postby dwgendy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:30 pm

Hi everyone.
I just had my passengers window (right side here in Egypt) smashed by some idiot who fantasized findiny a treasure in the glove compartment! It is really silly that once you break a window you can actually have access to all the car! the center lock opens all doors, boot and glove compartment from any door handel! My previouse Corsa was provided with antitheft, so the doors wont open even if the windows were smashed and the handel was pulled... And the fact that all Megans here in Egypt are not provided with alarms is really stupid. Does anyone know if it is possible to install one that does not contradict or japerdise the electrical system of the car? can I add the antitheft property so that the door handels would not open if I lock the doors with my remote card?
Is ther any way to stop doors handels from opening everything els (like boot and glove compartment)?
It's a great car, but this is really silly!!
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:42 pm

well in the UK... deadbolting is standard on our Meganes.
A thief shouldn't be able to gain access by breaking the window and trying the internal door handles.
You deadbolt the car by pressing the lock button twice on the keycard or twice on the buttons on the door.
Your side indicators will flash slowly twice, followed by three faster flashes... and the windows should also go up on their own too... but that might be part of the alarm system.

not entirely sure on fitting an aftermarket alarm... as yours doesn't have an alarm fitted... you might be ok.

MrAsia
Advanced Driver

Postby MrAsia » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 am

Yep, always deadlock the car. Only an extra button press.
Remapped Mégane 1.6L

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:03 am

Well, I know about the deabolting from my manual but unfortunatly my car doesn't have the deabolt option, so I can't do it. BUT I am now at the dealer fixing my window. I Asked about adding the deabolting and they said they never heard of it but they can adjust something in the computer and make the windows go up if I press twice on my card to lock the car, but they are not sure about the deadbolt.. The guy asked me to come back on Sunday so he can tell me if it would work. (he is going to check and see if it could be doen). does anyone know if both (windows and deadbolting) go hand in hand??
The alarm, they said they can instal one but it would be very low (sound) alarm and that I didn't need it as the window will be already broken when it sets off!!!! (can you believe the argument). When I went to the spare parts department to purchase it, they said they never had an alarm for the megan II !!!!
Guys, this is the main dealer and the poin of referal in all Egypt! El Masria International in the mokattam area! How am I supposed to trust them to adjust my computer setting if this is the case!

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:07 am

Here in Malta, deadlocking is also standard.... you press twice the lock button on the key card...... but I heard somewhere else that it can be activated by means of reprogramming something......

If you pressed the lock button twice on the keycard, nothing happened?
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 am

Yes. nothing at all.
But the guy here said that he can activate the windows being shut by double press. So may be this can mean that deadboltying can also be done! He doesn't know, he is going to ask.

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:58 am

The funny thing is, they don't have the original French made window glass, they only have the Egyptian made one. My insurance should pay for repairs (I pay the firt 500 EGP). The French window is for 650 EGP, the Egyptian one is for 100 EGP, 75EGP for service in both. So I thought I would put the French and fix all the dents and scratches in the car along with small break in the fron bumper. So they suggested that I pay for the Egyptian window for now (temporarly) then when they get me the French one, I SMASH it and have it replaced under insurance!! How about that!!!??? :twisted:

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 am

sounds devilish :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 am

Dear all,
I am from Egypt, I always use the dead lock thing on my Megane where I have the double flashing and the windows go up(came as standard with the car and need not to be activated ) but I did not check it before so I tried it today and stayed in the car and dead locked it, to my surprise no dead locking what so ever except for the boonet that refused to open as the central locking button was not active.So if any one else in England can try this test and tell me the results please .

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:32 am

My deadlocking definitely works when someone is still in the car. Last week me and the missus went for dinner at my parents. When we parked I got out and went inside and the missus said she was gonna ahve a quick cigarette before coming in. I went in and as usual double pressed the lock button.

About 5 minutes later I got a slightly irate missus calling my mobile to say that she was locked in the car and couldn't open the doors. It took a few minutes for her to see why I found it rather amusing.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:37 am

Hi,

I have just tried this in my car...... got in and dead locked the car.

I could not open the doors by pulling at the handles and the unlock button in the console was dead..... dead locking worked perfectly!!

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:45 am

Yeah same here. The unlock button on the console was dead and door handles were locked.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

europa
Just Passed

Postby europa » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Works in Australia as well :-)
'05 2l Manual Pearl Black Megane LXR Dynamique 5-Door

dwgendy
Passed Theory

Postby dwgendy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:09 am

Hani, if you double press your card and get a double flash from your car when it locks, this means you don't have Deadbolting. Deadbolting respond with five flashes. You just have an activated window closure response.
The more importnat question here is. Can the car be programed for deabolting (like it can with the window thing), or does it have to be fitted in? Does it require an extra tool? I am supposed to get an answer form the dealer on Sunday, but does anyone know of this? if anyone is paying a visit to his dealer soon, could you be so kind as to ask. May be the guys here don't know or need to be guided! (if so, would I trust them to fedel with the setting and try and instale it??!!! :shock: -- don't think so)....

Hany Saad
Learner Driver

Postby Hany Saad » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi dwgendy,
I read the manual that comes with the car and it says that the dead locking is optional "in some countries" as written in the manual that comes with the car,nevetheless I checked with one of the guys at the dealer whom I know and I will get an answer by tomorrow If we can activate it via software.
I will let you know about it.

Return to “Problems / Questions”