abs light

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

phildi

abs light

Postby phildi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:59 pm

i have the abs warning light on my car. i have just had the rear discs and pads replaced and the abs light came on as soon as i drove away. i have been back to the garage and they have cleaned the sensors up and reset the fault with a diagnostic machine but as soon as i drove 50 yards the abs light came back on. i used a local garage wish i had taken it to a renault dealer now. has anyone got any ideas what the problem might be as far as i know they are the right discs and both sensors are showing a fault.

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:14 pm

could they have been disconnected / damaged by the garage??

you can always take it to renault and claim the cost back from the garage you used!
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

phildi

Postby phildi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 pm

we have checked the connections and they seem fine and it is a bit strange that it is both sensors that is showing a fault. if it was just one then maybe the sensor could be broken. i am going back to the garage on thursday to see what they are going to do about but will have to wait till thursday. renault would charge 78 pound just to put it on there diagnostic machine.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:12 pm

If the fault did not exist before you had the discs and pads replaced, then it's upto the garage to resolve the problem.

Have you used this garage before?
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

phildi

Postby phildi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:39 pm

yes i have used the garage before but it is a back street garage, tried to save a bit money but could end up costing more. however the garage are trying to sort the problem out but if i went and said i'm taking it to renault and you are going to pay the costs i dont think they will be too accomodating but looks like i am going to have to try. they have said it looks like both sensors are broke but i have phoned renault and its not a problem they have ever come across when you change rear discs.

DaveP
Advanced Driver

Postby DaveP » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Someone recently advised clamping the hoses and opening the bleed valves when pushing the pistons back in - the reason for this is that pushing the hydraulic fluid back up the main pipe can upset the ABS system - I suspect that this is what has happened here.
At the end of the day... ..it gets dark

phildi

Postby phildi » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:40 am

thanks for that we can always try it i will let you know what happens

Return to “Problems / Questions”