Air Con problem

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

L_Stix

Air Con problem

Postby L_Stix » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:38 pm

I am currently having problems with the air con in my car as sometimes it does not come on when the button is pressed. Does anyone know what would cause this, as I have already brought it to the dealer with the same problem and they said they had fixed it, but they haven't.

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Hmm I dont know but mine packed in today and was just blowing air (not cold air) at me! On the hottest day so far aswell!!

Fed up now :( Am sure someone will be along who knows the answer, maybe it just needs regassing?? xx

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:01 am

The Air Con on Meganes is pretty weak IMHO. Nowhere near as good as my previous Laguna.
It could be the compressor that's at fault or you could have a leak. The only way to tell is to have the pressure checked.
A dye is introduced to the system, this is only visable with a special light and glasses, so that if there are any leaks from the various joints etc.. then it will be obvious.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:00 pm

When i got my meg new back in 2003 i had a mate service my aircon
he told me there was just enough gas to make the aircon work
so he regased it and i never had a problem with it
he told me that all new cars have just enough gas to make them work its because gas is expensive so they dont want to put alot in

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:16 am

HA! :o The cheapskates!!

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:40 am

Mines bust too, probably the same problem...
Pete

2006 Megane 2.0 Privilege (traded-in after two weeks!) & 2006 Grand Scenic 2.0 Dynamique (rejected due to paintwork problems)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:47 am

All Air Con systems need a certain amount of gas in them to work. This amount is measured by weight. When recharging an air con system, the gas already in the system is first of all removed, weighed and stored safefly.
The system is then presure tested to check for leaks. Providing none are found the original gas is re-admitted to the system, plus any additional gas needed until the specific amount for the air con system is met.

The thing with air con is that it needs to be used on a regular basis, or the seals in the system dry out and start to leak. This ususally happens over the winter, when the air con is not used a great deal.
I would recommend that you use your air con at least twice a week, for at least 15 minutes a time thorugh out the winter just to keep the seals from drying out.

As for Renault short filling the systems, I would not like to comment on that :wink:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

Return to “Problems / Questions”