** BEWARE - Renault have changed specs on EXPRESSION 2007 **

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JPDirect

** BEWARE - Renault have changed specs on EXPRESSION 2007 **

Postby JPDirect » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi all, I'm a newbie here at the MOC! Great site, congratulations going out the to the site Administrator - Andy!

Just wanted to let potential customers know that the naughty little blighters at Renault HQ have changed their spec on the 1.6 Megane Expression.

When we ordered the vehicle back in January, according to the brochure it has Front fog lights, Automatic Headlamps and Automatic Wipers. When we took delivery it lacked ALL 3 of these specs...!

In between the time we ordered it and the time it took to build it, some stupid marketing people decided that it was too expensive to put on the EXPRESSION.

Looking at the back of the brochure, it says, "...check with your Renault delaer before purchasing any product that the characteritstics, specifications, equipment or accessories of the vehicle on order are as advertised". We did this and they changed the spec AFTER we had ordered it.

I've been in contact with Renault UK and they agreed that they'd take the vehicle back, although they weren't very happy with doing that, so I asked for a couple of extra dealer options.

We have decided to keep the vehicle, but have asked them now add (out of their pocket), the Parrot Bluetooth ck3200 telephone kit, parking sensors and 4 floor mats.

What a bloody nightmare... Just wanted to let you know about this just in case you're thinking of ordering the Expression.

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:03 pm

That's disgraceful - I'd have asked them to add the options that you were led to believe you had paid for :twisted:

JPDirect

Postby JPDirect » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Andy, yeah I did that, but, automatic headlamps and automatic wipers are not dealer fit options unfortunately. That's what I asked for in the first place too!

The dealer has ordered the parts and will send it down to my local Renault garage and get them to fit it, so I won't see the extras until late next week.

I reckon I did ok out of it though. I'd much prefer to have the bluetooth Parrot ck3200 telephone hands free kit, parking sensors and the 4 matts, rather than the automatic headlamps/wipers and front fogs...

What do you think?

STEVIE
Advanced Driver

Postby STEVIE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Wow thats crap you sould have said to them that you wanted the spec you had paid for so there should have upgraded to the next model free of charge

steve
http://www.meganesport.net welcome all members of Megane II Owners Club

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:21 pm

i'd have gone with the printed spec...

fair enough you prolly won't use the front fogs... but the auto wipers and headlamps are quite useful.

silencer51
Advanced Driver

Postby silencer51 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:55 pm

Most brochures state, 'configuration and features are subject to change without warning' or something like that...

But since you purchased the car when said configuration included auto lights, wipers etc. your car should come with them - you paid for them after all...
Gray Megane II 1,6 5dr hatch 05/2003
Set dephasers to stall!

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:45 am

I would get them to fit the fog lights as well. Simple enough job, just the lights and a replacement stalk.

I think I have probably used front fogs on my cars maybe 2 or 3 times in all the years I have had cars, so its not like I need them, but I always specify them as it just looks much nicer with them fitted.

Margaretdorothy2

Postby Margaretdorothy2 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi there,
Seems to me that you have been well and truly done!! I ordered my Expression 86dci in February, and my dealer in Rochdale made sure that I had the 06 spec, in fact I also got the cruise control that is now on the 07 model, so either your dealer didn't follow up your order correctly, or I have been very lucky. I would have certainly asked for more compensation. My dealer also gave me my car mats as a goodwill gesture, and as also contacted me to see if I was happy with my car.

Would recommend anyone if possible to go to PGC Renault to get the first class service that is expected when buying a New Car!!

rach74
Learner Driver

Postby rach74 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 pm

i ordered my meg coupe cabriolet privilege in feb 07 and like margaretdorothy i got the cruise control extra and speed limiter which did not state in the book it was an optional extra but as its now on 07 cars they put it on anyway, i also had the mats come with the car and had the renault dealership phone me up to make sure everything was ok and also renault uk did a follow up phone call, also not for you men but i got a huge bunch of flowers when picked the car up, if i was you jpdirect i would refuse the car until all was on it that you wanted, after all you are paying for it, i agree with the others the fog lights make it look complete and the auto wipers are great and so is the auto headlights

JPDirect

Postby JPDirect » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:20 pm

Thanks very much for all the posts - much appreciated. I've agreed to the deal now, and I just can't be bothered to ask for the Fog lights now. It's just wiped off the excitment of buying a Renault.

When we bought our new Honda Civic (2007 model), the dealership bought my girlfriend a BIG bouquet of flowers, I got a bottle of champagne, got the price haggled down, free matts and even got 5 vouchers for a premium hand wash each worth £20.00, to use when ever I wanted.

Fireman Sam
Passed Theory

Postby Fireman Sam » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:16 pm

Same thing happened in March 05 with the Dynamique, they removed the auto dimming rear mirror, brouchure said check with dealer for changes, i went back following day to the dealer and asked if it had this feature, they all said yes sure does, when i showed them my car they said Renault didn't tell us about that, Gotcha, how can i find out about changes if Renault don't tell you, I'll just have a free service and floor mats thank you very much. :lol:
Va Va Voom

Return to “Problems / Questions”