Urgent Problem, need explaination PLZ

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tronky
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane II 1.6 L with Koni Adjustable Shocks

Urgent Problem, need explaination PLZ

Postby tronky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:32 pm

I have 2 things that I need to know how serious are they

1st my car made a couple of skipping right & left simultaneously when I went into heavy on ground ran after getting out of a tunnel

2nd is when there's a shift engaged and I'm slowing down there's normally a thing that looks like kicking down without continuing acceleration in a manual car

it's an 2005 M2 1.6 Sedan 45K KM fitted with Koni adjustable shocks with original Springs and 205/60 R15 Conti brand new tires.

Any Clues?

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:25 pm

I don't actually understand the questions - sorry :oops:

tronky
Learner Driver

Postby tronky » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:34 pm

May be I have to be more clear,

1st problem happened when i drove into water when it was heavily raining, in that specific part of the street', was lower than the rest of the street. I went into this area @ 70KM/H. the car moved slightly to the left then to the right when I was olding the wheel centered.

2nd problem is when I began to slow down ( after driving for a while in traffic jams ) I feel a hit on the gearbox just before the car stops.
This ONLY happens after driving in traffic jams for a while.

my car is an 2005 M2 1.6 Sedan 45K KM Auto trans. fitted with Koni adjustable shocks with original Springs and 205/60 R15 Conti brand new tires.

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:09 pm

tronky wrote:1st problem happened when i drove into water when it was heavily raining, in that specific part of the street', was lower than the rest of the street. I went into this area @ 70KM/H. the car moved slightly to the left then to the right when I was olding the wheel centered.

That's called aquaplaning or Hydroplaning, it happens because your car momentarily lost friction between the tyres and the road surface due to the amount of water between them.

tronky wrote:2nd problem is when I began to slow down ( after driving for a while in traffic jams ) I feel a hit on the gearbox just before the car stops. This ONLY happens after driving in traffic jams for a while.

my car is an 2005 M2 1.6 Sedan 45K KM Auto trans. fitted with Koni adjustable shocks with original Springs and 205/60 R15 Conti brand new tires.

Ok that one I don't know :?

tronky
Learner Driver

Postby tronky » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:56 pm

^Andy^ wrote:
tronky wrote:1st problem happened when i drove into water when it was heavily raining, in that specific part of the street', was lower than the rest of the street. I went into this area @ 70KM/H. the car moved slightly to the left then to the right when I was olding the wheel centered.

That's called aquaplaning or Hydroplaning, it happens because your car momentarily lost friction between the tyres and the road surface due to the amount of water between them.

tronky wrote:2nd problem is when I began to slow down ( after driving for a while in traffic jams ) I feel a hit on the gearbox just before the car stops. This ONLY happens after driving in traffic jams for a while.

Ok that one I don't know :?

Thanks Andy for the help

I was just told that I'll have to change the ATF as a first step to diagnose the gear box problem, if not helpful, I'll have the agent reprogram the gear box software, if not solved, they will have to change some sensor inside the gear box that's called Solenoid sensor If I didn't misspell it

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:09 pm

I have a manual gearbox so it's safe to say I know absolutely nothing about the auto's or any common problems associated with them. If your car is under warranty just ask the dealers to look into it, even if they cant fix it there will at least be some record that you notified them of a problem should it fail later on.

tronky
Learner Driver

Postby tronky » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 pm

I already went today and changed the ATF once then drove 5KM then went back to rechange as the original ATF was coming out almost balck.

So i ended up changing the ATF twice as per their suggestion.

Some people over here might say that the car's manual says that you don't have to change ATF at all but I guess when they made this car they didn't put into consideration the traffic jams we have over here and the high temps as well, it usually takes me an average of one hour to drive back home for only 20KM :lol:

So far the car is doing fine I guess will have the real test 2morrow when I'm coming bach from work :)

Thanks anyway Andy for the Help.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:15 pm

FYI: ATF = automatic transmission fluid... i think..

tronky
Learner Driver

Postby tronky » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:35 am

Ray wrote:FYI: ATF = automatic transmission fluid... i think..

Yes you are right

Return to “Problems / Questions”