Rear Brake Howl --- Help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Moto

Rear Brake Howl --- Help

Postby Moto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:00 am

I have seen that several of you guys have had this problem, when you reverse and apply the brakes they make a loud howling sound. I have seen here that several of you have had some results from RCS in paying for the solution. I have taken the advice from this forum by writing to RCS and this is their reply:-

Dear Mrs Hudson

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail regarding your Mégane 225.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment concerning the noise you have with your brakes. I have discussed this matter with JayBee Motors, our Renault dealership in Banbury, who have advised that currently there is not a solution for this issue.

Please be assured that this noise in no way affects the safety or performance of the braking system on your Mégane. I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that our technical department are currently investigating this issue.

If you would like any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at Renault Customer Services via telephone or email us on
customer.services@renault.co.uk

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

Regards

Not the result I had hoped for. So if you can tell me what has cured the problem I will then suggest to RCS that is a recommended course of action. Can I mention this website ?

Chris.

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Hello there....

I had the same problem with my 2005 Meg sedan 1.6VVT..... while reversing and applying the breaks, there used to be a howl during the last few inches at very low speed... this has now cleared completely. My car has now 25000km on the clock and no howling/squeking from the brakes. I have the factory brake pads on and factory discs (no alterations to breaks at all)
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

Moto

Postby Moto » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks, it's comforting but my car has 28k miles on the clock so I guess if it was going to, it would have sorted itself out by now. I can feel another letter to RCS coming on.

Return to “Problems / Questions”