The final straw

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jono35

The final straw

Postby jono35 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Hello Megane owners club

I have to say I bought a 1.6VVT Dynamique 03plate 37k miles from Renault 6 weeks ago and it is the worst car I have ever owned. To date it has had a new Dephaser Pulley, New door buttons and sensors (the hands free is a joke) and a new fuse box (apparently). Its also been back due to the throttle sticking intermittingly only for ½ a second or so but its bloody annoying when changing gear. (still not fixed).
Now the car has pushed me to the limit. Today driving back from a day out I noticed that the door lights stayed on even after locking the doors so I removed the bulbs not to have a flat battery by the morning. Then is evening when picking up my daughter she opened the passengers door window and now it refused to close (clicking). The car is now parked in a drive with a plastic bag over the door.
Fair play to the Renault garage I’m dealing with, they have been very quick and helpful but I have now had enough. I have lost all trust in the car and to be frank I don’t the dam thing. I’m not sure how I stand in getting my money back due to having it for 6 weeks, but I will be taking it back tomorrow. I hope I’m in the minority and this isn’t the standard for owning what is a lovely looking car.

:(

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:23 pm

Yes its standard haha :P
No only joking although there are lots of problems mentioned on here its because people come on here to find out whats wrong. Ive done 93k now in my megane and not had that many problems (touch wood here). And we also have a 225 and have had none with that, so they are a great car maybe you should get the problems fixed and give it another chance :?

Return to “Problems / Questions”