Had enough already

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Had enough already

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:20 am

Only two weeks into Megane ownership and I've never known such problems with any car I've owned (20 so far), especially in less than 1000 miles on a nearly new, low mileage car.

So far I've had:

- Heavy clutch, dealers not interested, may or may not be fixable...
- Speaker grille on passenger door will not fit correctly and rattles loudly
- Noticed car is literally covered in light scratches that can only be seen when dirty
- Brakes have started squealing loudly
- Air-con packed in on the hottest day of the year so far!

And the best yet:
- "Check Injection" came on twice over the weekend, all power lost (whilst pulling off from a junction no less), re-started and it seemed fine. I dread to think what the problem could be, its only done 13k miles FFS!

That doesn't even mention all the others things that I got the dealers to fix before I picked the car up...

Frankly, I can't even be bothered to try and fix it now (even under warranty), we've decided to cut our losses and get rid - it'll only get worse as it ages. So, we've traded it in for something Mrs Oilburner really wanted, a 2006 Zafira. She was going to get the Scenic, but we already rejected that because of paintwork issues...
I've decided to go back to my Vectra (nearly traded in for the Scenic), a car I've only really come to appreciate after having the Megane for two weeks.

The Megane will be gone at the end of the week, costing us £500 for the pleasure of getting rid. It can't come too soon for my liking!

Sorry all you Renault fans, but I've really had my fingers burnt and can't say I'll be risking my own money on another Renault ever again.

I also had the dubious pleasure of getting to know just how uncaring Renault dealers are, and I thought Vauxhall were poor...

I can see why people *could* like the Megane, when everything is working there is a lot which is good about the car, but I can't be doing with the hassle. TBH, I should have taken the Renault reputation more seriously than I did.
Pete

2006 Megane 2.0 Privilege (traded-in after two weeks!) & 2006 Grand Scenic 2.0 Dynamique (rejected due to paintwork problems)

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:31 am

Hope that you are happy with your new motor Oilburner, or rather the Vectra which you know and the Zafira which'll be new :D
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks. I just hope you guys are have better luck with yours! :)
Pete

2006 Megane 2.0 Privilege (traded-in after two weeks!) & 2006 Grand Scenic 2.0 Dynamique (rejected due to paintwork problems)

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Can't say I blame you for getting rid. After all theproblems I have had with mine I am seriously considering whether I should keep mine afetr the warranty expires in November.

Ihad a 2006 Zafira 1.9 CDTI 150 bhp on hire for 3 weeks over Christmas and I loved it. So quick I got my first 3 points in it as I didn't realise I was doing 84 in a 70 zone after being used to my 1.6 Megane.
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:23 pm

Oilburner wrote:Thanks. I just hope you guys are have better luck with yours! :)

No Renault worries here, I got shut of mine 18 months ago. However I've just got my other half a new Modus to replace the one she had. It's the perfect car for her and the last one was fault free as has been the new one upto now *crosses fingers*.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Can't say I blame you for getting rid. After all theproblems I have had with mine I am seriously considering whether I should keep mine afetr the warranty expires in November.

Ihad a 2006 Zafira 1.9 CDTI 150 bhp on hire for 3 weeks over Christmas and I loved it. So quick I got my first 3 points in it as I didn't realise I was doing 84 in a 70 zone after being used to my 1.6 Megane.

LOL! My Vectra has the same engine, it is a real corker. I keep meaning to try one in an Astra Sporthatch, with the lower weight it should really fly in that...
Pete

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Stranger wrote:No Renault worries here, I got shut of mine 18 months ago. However I've just got my other half a new Modus to replace the one she had. It's the perfect car for her and the last one was fault free as has been the new one upto now *crosses fingers*.

All I can say is that you're much braver than I am! :lol: :wink:
Pete

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:41 pm

Did you find out what the check injection problem was before you got rid or not? I have the same problem and its a pain in the arse!!

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:58 pm

Sorry no - I still have the car, probably for another week or so and I'm praying it won't fail completely before then, I simply haven't got chance to take it into the dealers before then.

At a guess, I would say it might be the coil packs playing up, but it could be one of several things.
Pete

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Yeah thats what I think it is actually, although ive just had 4 new coil packs put on :shock:

Its a pain! I will be pulling out on a busy roundabout or something to find I can only do about 2mph. Its embarrassing to say the least especially when I cant pull over and someone behind is up my arse :roll:

Love it too much to sell though lol

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:58 pm

I shall have much more sympathy now if I find a Renault suddenly slowing to a crawl in front of me, that's for sure! :lol:
Pete

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:21 pm

hahaha me too! :lol:

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:44 am

Haven't quite got rid of the car yet and it's getting worse...

The squealing from the brakes is getting much worse. Or maybe it sounds worse because I have to drive around with the windows open because the air-con isn't working!!

Also, yesterday I tried to close the boot, pulled on the grab handle in the boot and the whole boot trim came away in my hands!! Can't believe it...

What on Earth are Renault's designers thinking?

Check Injection came on again too.

Good job I'm not keeping this car, the dealer would probably faint with the ever growing list of faults I've got for them to sort out!! :)
Pete

buellbolt

Postby buellbolt » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:27 am

not trying to stick up for renault but
over the last few years, we have had 2003 clio, 2004 clio, 2001 espace, 2003 laguna and now 2004 megane cc and i can honestly say they have all been very reliable, only let down by poor after sales service from Arnold Clark.
Megane CC 1.9 Dci
Ass shaking and Topless!!

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:13 am

Cool - I wish I'd had one of them! ;)

My parents owned a 1990 Renault 19 1.4 Energy, and that was great. Nothing went wrong and it was a good car all round.

If only they were all as good as that...

Anyhow, I'll stop moaning now...assuming nothing else goes wrong between now and Tuesday evening when it goes for good...
Pete

Return to “Problems / Questions”