gear change right or wrong ?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

joecrow

gear change right or wrong ?

Postby joecrow » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:14 pm

hi,
just found this site today. i might have a problem i might not. when in 5th gear every time i take my foot of the accelerator the gear stick moves back slighty then when i accelerate again it moves slighty forward again.might be nothing but as ive never came across this before with all the other cars ive owned it justs seems a bit weird. is this normal with all meganes?
thanks.
55 plate 1.6 sport tourer ...yep its an estate!

silencer51
Advanced Driver

Postby silencer51 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:22 am

It is perfectly normal for the gearlever to move slightly (by millimeters) back and forth as you press and release the gas pedal...

Every Renault model exhibits this. The engine and transmission are held on the chassis by rubber mounts, these loosen up over time creating tolerances.

Actually all of our family's cars exhibit this (VW, Subaru)...
Gray Megane II 1,6 5dr hatch 05/2003
Set dephasers to stall!

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:08 pm

It is normal for every car to have this......

While on the argument, I have a question myself now......

When I put the car on 3rd gear from a higher gear, and put the car on engine break, a vibration can be felt in the gear lever. This happens only on third gear, on high rpm (around 4000 rpm) and is slight.... but since I'm nearing the end of the warranty period I wanted to ask so if it is a sign of a problem I get it sorted before it expires.
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

Oilburner
Passed Theory

Postby Oilburner » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:59 pm

My Megane does the same thing. Very noticeable in 2nd gear, it moves about 1cm when touching the accelerator. A bit odd, but nothing to worry about I guess.
Pete

2006 Megane 2.0 Privilege (traded-in after two weeks!) & 2006 Grand Scenic 2.0 Dynamique (rejected due to paintwork problems)

Return to “Problems / Questions”