Im New :) Can someone help me please :(

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

L33SA
Learner Driver

Im New :) Can someone help me please :(

Postby L33SA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:12 am

Hello Im just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with their megane because I've been looking on the forums and seen similar problems but nothing the same.

My baby has started showing the Check Injection message with the service light. It doesn't happen when the car is cold, its always when im sitting at a junction or roundabout and when it happens its like it goes into limp mode because I can't do more than 5mph :shock:

It doesnt happen all the time its just random and usually when im least expecting it. The car can go days without doing it then all of a sudden it will do it 5 times on one journey :roll: However if I pull over and press stop and start again it goes off and I can drive as normal.

Sorry its a long post but I am desperate to know what it as im always worried when im driving now and all the garages I have been to havent a clue what it is. Cant get the car to renault until my next pay day so can someone help in the meantime please 8)

My car is an 03 dynamique 1.6vvt. Thanks in advance 4 any replies!!

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:31 am

Firstly Welcome to the forum :wave

This sounds like you have one or more coils breaking down? There are lots of threads on the forum about coil problems on the 1.6vvt engine.
They are apparently very easy to replace, never done one myself so can't speak from experience.
Have a look at this thread it may help?
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=4667
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Hiya Iain :wave

I've just had all my coils changed actually because the engine management light came on and when I took it in they said a coil pack had gone and it was best to get all 4 changed so I did..

So I dunno whether it could still be something to do with that?

Arghhh!! I wish it would start behaving itself!! 8)

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:59 pm

Hhmmm :hmm

Without having access to a CLIP machine (Renaults diagnostic computer) it could be difficult to diagnose?
I've been trawling through the forum for a similar problem to your's, but all the "Check Injection" fault's relate to Diesel engines, not petrols?

Hopefully somebody with more experience with the 1.6 will be along shortly to help you out.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

L33SA
Learner Driver

Postby L33SA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah I've been searching the forums as well and only found the same thing with the diesels!

Thanks for your replies Iain, its great this website :D

Davelee_225
Advanced Driver

Postby Davelee_225 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Its a common problem im afraid
ImageImage

jasmor
Currently Drives:: 53 1.4 Megane Dynamique

Re: Im New :) Can someone help me please :(

Postby jasmor » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:10 am

Hi,

Had the check injection message at the beginning of the year and car cut out (petrol not diesel).
Unfortunatley it was my timing belt that had gone and £1000 later was fixed :( :(

Tainton
Currently Drives:: Renault Scenic III

Re: Im New :) Can someone help me please :(

Postby Tainton » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:30 am

Hi,

13 years later and I'm sitting with exactly the same symptoms. Any update on the resolution to this problem? Or is there anyone that can push me into the right direction?

My vehicle unfortunately is not the Megane II, but the Scenic II. I assume however that the diagnostic is very similar.

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Return to “Problems / Questions”