Arnold Clark

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Have you had trouble with your car bought from Arnold Clark?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 13

Paulst30
Learner Driver

Arnold Clark

Postby Paulst30 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 am

Hi,

I hoping to build a complaints thread about Arnold Clark to send on to BBC Watchdog UK to alert them of the various problems that people face when dealing with this company.

I would be grateful if you would list your complaints or experiences just as a measure of the scale of the problem with this dealer.

In my experience anyone i've known that has bought a car from Arnold Clark has had some serious problem with the car, from being previously in a smash to more dangerous "dodgy" repairs that cause real damage.

Do we want Arnold Clark to own every garage/dealer in britain? His practices must be ironed out before someone gets seriously injured.

Thanks

Paul
Renault Megane II 04 plate 1.6 VVT Dynamique cheery red and its the hardest car i have ever driven in my life
X Reg Vauxhall Astra Mk4 1.6 - it's like a Go-Kart

steve123456
Learner Driver

Postby steve123456 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:14 am

Paul,
I don't know if you know but until very recently your were beaten too it, because anyone typing in arnold clark MAY HAVE FOUND https://www.arnoldclarksucks.co.uk Very recently website has been pulled (or bought out!) and has mysteriously vanished!!

if you follow this link it hints that whoever owns the site wanted either £25,000 or a replacement car to recompensate https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/deci ... -0909.html

also look here, lots of history!
https://www.arnoldclark.multiservers.com/

Paulst30
Learner Driver

Postby Paulst30 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 am

My point to this is to get them bad press on Watchdog UK because Renault never admitted that there was anything wrong with the bonnet catches on the clio and as soon as watchdog caught on to it, Reno all of a sudden started to get people in to have their catches checked, so the bad press didn't do them much good.

Watchdog have never came close to Arnold Clark and i think that its a shame cause if you were to view most of his sites, you will see cars that have defects (yes even in the pics). One clio that was an 04 plate had the wing mirror hanging off and the door seal stickin out, i mean if your going to sell a car on the net for £5500 then your going to try to make it look good and maybe give it a wash.
Renault Megane II 04 plate 1.6 VVT Dynamique cheery red and its the hardest car i have ever driven in my life
X Reg Vauxhall Astra Mk4 1.6 - it's like a Go-Kart

PGuk

Interesting Question, But....

Postby PGuk » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:44 pm

HI,

Sorry to read you've had problems with Arnold Clark, but I can't help thinking your questions is a little unfair.

I bought an 05 Megane from them about 9 months ago, and yes I have had lots of problems with it, BUT I can't really say its Arnold Clark's fault.

The Megane is near bottom for reliability in just about every published survey so statistically speaking, if someone has bought a Megane from Arnold Clark, they're very likely to have had a problem with it. BUT, the same is true for just about every other Renault franchise in the country.

41% of all Megane owners experience an electrical failure on their vehicle (Source: AutoExpress : Driver Power 2007), so with the number of common faults on the Megane I think your question is a bit unfair.

So I could truthfully answer YES to your poll and that would give the impression its Arnold Clark to blame, when infact its just that Renault have built another bad car. In your case I accept that the accident damage is a major issue, but I think the phrasing of your question is going to lead to lots of false positives from the other forum members.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:39 am

The gripe with Arnold Clark is customer service is non existent, (allegedly) regardless of car make and model.
All cars have problems, it's how the dealer and dealer networks treat their customers, when these arise, and Mr Clark is well down the list on customer satisfaction.
Read the experiences of members on here, Parkers and various other internet forums and you will get the picture. :roll:
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

PGuk

Thats basically what I was saying

Postby PGuk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am

Hi,

Well thats basically my point really. If its a question about customer service and how helpful they've been when you have a problem then phrase it as such. Don't just limit it to something as vague as having a problem with the car, because that applies to almost everyone on the forum who bought their car from them.

I wasn't that impressed when I picked my car up from them to be honest - no spare wheel and a message came up on the screen saying it required an oil change. However, my car was £1000 cheaper than equivalent vehicles at the Renault main dealer, and £300 less than the book price - so for the saving I was happy to go back and be given a new spare and have the oil change indicator reset.

sideswipe
Advanced Driver

Postby sideswipe » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Trust me m8 , I would never go back to Arnold Shark ever again..............they screwed me for a lot and wanted to do the same for a fault thats well known on the car (fuse box) they were trying to screw me for £3.500 yeah thats right three thousand five hundred pounds........good advice from here and I paid nothing.

So much so I got a few stickers made (https://www.arnoldsucks.com) and I proudly have it on my car , plus I was cheeky enough to go their for a set of megane mats last week after I put the sticker on , few people werent happy , BUT I DONT CARE....................if they had some manners and approuch you in a decent manner people wouldnt mind so much , they are a disgrace to the car industry .

My advice , stay well clear....oh if you want a sticker pm me your adress and will send you one , no cost :)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Return to “Problems / Questions”