I think I may just have broke the record for *check inje..*

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

I think I may just have broke the record for *check inje..*

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:21 pm

I thing I may just have broke the record for having a Megane for the shortest time before the what now seems to be the infamous, "service, check injection" warning came up, 8)

A bit of background,
For the first time in 23 years I've bought a non Vauxhall, and never in those 23 years did I have to return a car or even take one in for diagnosis to a dealer. However, I fancied achange, wanted a nice economic estate, not too large. I persuaded myself that all modern cars were ultra reliable and the only reason any went back to the main dealer was to maintain the warranty and possibly because the owner was'nt too handy with the spanners.
So.... a couple of months ago I bought a Megane Sports Tourer, 1.5DCI 106 Dynamique, exactly a year old, 25K and 2 services done. Right spec, and right price, wanted the economy after years of 2.0ltr petrol guzzlers.
Gave it a test drive, happy with everything, a bit down on power compared to my recent diet of cars, but thats what I was trading off.
The deal was done, garage was 50miles from home so arranged to pick up the car in a week or so's time.
Anyway here's my claim to the record;
I paid up, was handed the keys to the car, and settled into the drivers seat, adjusted everything as you do, then started the car. It started perfectly and I was just trying to figure out the wiper operation as it was spotting, when the car stalled and the warning came up. :shock: I HADN'T EVEN PUT IT IN GEAR OR DRIVEN OF THE FORECOURT

I restarted the car, after convincing myself it must have been something that I'd done, and it didn't do it again for thye journey home.
To cut the rest of the story short, this happened about 5 times before it locked on, its been back to the main dealer 3 times so far as each time I got it back it just eventually locked out again after repeatedly showing the same fault. The Renault agent kept saying it was just a bad connection and they'd fixed it each time.

Before it went in the last time, (Ihope it is), this Monday, I rang the service manager. (The fault code indicated each time it was the turbo pressur sensor at fault). I suggested that as they had the same fault that hadn't been cured by fiddling with the wiring, wasn't it a pretty safe bet that it was the pressure sensor itself that was at fault? and wouldn't it be a good idea to have one on standby for when I took the car in?, not wanting the delay of waiting for parts

:evil: :twisted: :twisted: All too simple for Renault, "Don't worry sir, I'll give it my personnal attention" to quote the service manager. I worried.

Car went in a week later, I'd arranged to pick it up at 4.00pm.
At 3.30, the phone went, its the service department, "good news sir, we've diagnosed the problem as the turbo pressure sensor", I worried a little more, " We'll order the part today, and if we can keep the car....................." GET ME THE SERVICE MANAGER :who :!: :!: :!:

So far I still love the car, I hope the affair lasts, we'll see, anyway do I have the record :?: :?: :?:

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:55 pm

:lol: sorry to laugh but it is kind of funny.

Most people who have or have had a Meg II have been back to the dealers with various problems but that is the quickest return that I have heard of.

I'll get my coat on the way out ...................

Welcome along by the way :tu
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:50 pm

I'm still laughin at the moment :D .
More background;

Daughter had mk1 clio 1.4rt. Despicable car, proved to be an ex right off, actually got the seller jailed for fraud and counterfeiting service history, but the car itself was fine no problems with reliability after having a complete new side welded in. She then had a megane coupe 1.6 coupe, noisy gearbox/clutch, but proved ok and cost nothing. Followed that with a 2.0ltr coupe, superb motor and faultless. Then came a brand new Clio 172, nice little car and no problems. She now has an '04 Megane 1.5DCI 100, owned for 1.5 years, and, touch wood no issues yet.
Son in law meantime also bought a Clio 172, again no problems apart having it written off at 3 years old due to a shunt.
Wifey had a N reg Clio for 5 years, no cost whatsoever, followed by a new 1.5DCI Clio in 2002, still looking good, went in for "rattle reduction" a few times under warranty, but sorted by miself eventually.

So, my previous Renualt experience is pretty good, boy do I hope it stays that way :roll: :wink:
B.

stormbringer
Passed Theory

Postby stormbringer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:39 pm

You must be the quickest .
We've had a few problems ,wife's clio 1.2 2001 cam belt (£900) picked up by Renault even though it was out of W'Tee(full main dealer history) belt went at 40K ,air bag light on same car,daughters 1.2 Clio (2002) head gasket and air bag light twice ,part payment by Renault.
3 other Clios in family incl new shape 1.5 dci no problems so far.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:53 pm

Update to now.
So far in 3 months ownership, (1 month incapcitated, me, not the car). 3 day in at Renault to sort the injection thing, eventually replacement turbo pressure sensor. 1visit back to sort a diesel leak after the first attempt to fix" the injection fault, and after 1 month without problems the fuel return pipe had burst. In to fix, reguires new pipe, something new to do with the pump, and a new starter motor???????????????? Evidentally it bflagged up from the chas No when the car went in (55 plte super tourer). They have had it 3 days so far :cry: :cry: :cry:
Benefit of doubt rapidly dissipating :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: where the arse emoticon?????

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:05 pm

Apparently the AA are upgrading the fault dignosis software on all of their patrol vans. The new software will now report engine and electronic faults with a simple message 'It's a Renault' :lol:

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:47 pm

This is good, COS TODAY, after Renault had my car for 2 1/2 days to fix the diesel leak.............. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had to call the RAC.

Renault had car for 2,5days. Went in for diesel leak, known problem, needed fuel return hose, and new ******** starter motor, cos when it leaks it takes our the starter pretty rapidly.

OK benefit of doubt, picked car up at 12.00 hospital visit 15miles away @1.00
Car stunk of fuel, had to carry on. And back home, hoped it was just a bit of fuel trapped/sloshing about in the under tray, :roll: I should fuc***g Cocoa. Looked under car when I got home and its pissin* out, just like a tap. £35 quids of diesel torched in 30 miles. RAC due at 7.30 tomorrow morning to lift back to Renault.
This may be my last post as my politeman friend says if I do insert the specific part of the car I have in mind in the service managers orifice, then I won't get my free service vouchers, or words to that effect :moon

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:28 pm

RAC fixed the car in 10 minutes flat. The bleed off / return pipe that had been fitted hadnt, well not correctly, it had blown off. Driven to Renault and dropped car in to be steam cleaned, the diesel was everywhere, and of course in the new starter, lets see if they they fit another one at their expense as a result of their own incompetance, I doubt it, :jest

^Andy^
Pass Plus

Postby ^Andy^ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:50 pm

Make sure they make a note of it because if the starter fails in the future you will at least have some comeback

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:45 pm

Now I'm getting really mad.

Had the car back for 2 trouble free weeks.

Pressure washed the drive down, AGAIN,

Waxoiled the underside of the car as it was washed clear of all rustproofing by diesel, AGAIN,

So, went into town again this morning, stopped at junction, and its absolutely spewing out diesel again, WTF????

1 mile from Renault, so drove it there for them to sort.

Does anyone have any inside information into this problem? before I firkin strangle the service manager??

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Well didnt get the car back today, they kept it in to fit a redesighned retaining clip for the diesel bleed off/return pipes :roll: Anyone else had the same :?:
B.

chrislloydie
Pass Plus

Postby chrislloydie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Any chance of them offering you a free tank of Diesel to make up for what you have lost? :lol:
1.6 Dynamique 5 dr, tip, Antique Green, 17" 16 spoke alloys, spoiler, DVD, Lexus rear lights, green cotton filter, ipod, TS-Q131C Speakers, limo tints

30something
Learner Driver

Postby 30something » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am

I'm amazed no-one has pointed out the obvious here, this is another example of a garage taking in a problem car (cheaply no doubt) flogging it on (not cheaply no doubt) and then letting the new owner have the hassle of sorting it out. Do you really think the fault just appeared out of thin air 2 minutes into your ownership??!!

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Tue May 01, 2007 1:31 pm

30something wrote:I'm amazed no-one has pointed out the obvious here, this is another example of a garage taking in a problem car (cheaply no doubt) flogging it on (not cheaply no doubt) and then letting the new owner have the hassle of sorting it out. Do you really think the fault just appeared out of thin air 2 minutes into your ownership??!!

Actually I do think the fault appeared in my ownership. I am fastidious in the condition of cars I buy, even with this less than a year old I asked them to put it on the ramps in the workshop so I could take a shuffty at the underside :roll: There was no sign of any previuos leaks, all dry and dusty not wet and mucky. I don't think it had this problem before. But it was there when the car came out of the Renault dealership after it went in for the turbos pressure sensor to be sorted. They shouldn't have needed to touch the wet side of the engine to do that.
One reason I'm not jumping down there throats at ther moment is that it's not going back in to the garage where I bought it, thats 60 miles away, but they are getting paid by Renault UK to fix it so I should expect better.
They are being quite ok about this but the whole experience just strengthens what I've always believed about taking a car to a garage, ie don't if you can at all avoid it. It's only in because of the warranty. I also don't believe a word they say any more, :oops: but they may be listening :roll:
Not too concerned about the diesel loss, probably 1/2 tank so far, 'cos I've used spoonfull of the fuel in the loan cars they have had to provide, (this really is the most economical car I have ever owned :wink:
BUT I am getting tired of pressure washing the drive. Luckily this time it didn't happen at home and I left it ticking over on thier forecourt to demonstrate the problem :wink: :wink:
Should get it back today.
They tell me that Renault UK know of this problem but as no one else has remarked about it I'm getting the vibes that its something they have done, we'll see :? :? :?
B.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Didn't get the car back tonight, "I", had to phone for them to tell me they had had to order another "part". No one I could speak to could tell me what the part is.
B.

Return to “Problems / Questions”