I think I may just have broke the record for *check inje..*

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Badly

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Didn't get the car back today either because when I rang them just before coming out of work, the technician had just taken the car out for a test drive :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quizzed what part had been fitted, waited 5 mins on phone to be told it was a new fuel line clip, 4 OF WHICH THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD FITTED ON MONDAY.
In my younger years I was quite a beligerent, verbally violent sort of chap, but recently I have felt a sort of self imposed mellowing washing over me, but methinks I am about to have a relapse :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
:whip

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Well, had the car back for a few weeks now, the fuel leak was eventually sorted :flush sorry thats as near as I could find to an ars*holes emy.

2 weeks of trouble free running, well one week actually as I went off on hols, 8) . But for the last 2 weeks of so evry 2nd or 3rd time I start the engine, yep, service, check injection.

Decided to put up with it for a while as I couldn't discern any problem with the car, it ran fine, and the fault didn't lock on. But today on a run of 20 miles or so it started splutering and stalling at low revs and the light came on whilst running.

Got back to work and phoned Renault, explained situation and asked if they could just pop it on the diagnostics and then sort it later. Was asked to bring it in within a couple of hours and so I waited. Verdict, "you need a new turbo pressure sensor sir, we'll order one toda........". They have actually got to know me now and when I explained that they had/had supposedly fitted one a month or 2 before, took one of a new megane on the lot.

My mind really is boggling at the moment, is it the car? or is it the dealership? I'm beginning to think I need to go somewhere else. I suppose it could need a second TPS, I supose they may have fitted one before. but I strongly think they are a lyin* set pl*nk*rs :?:

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:12 am

I've had the check injection light for a while now... goes away at least when the engine is warm so i've left. It's going into get fixed next wednesday though... along with some other minor things.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:17 am

One week later and the friggin light is on again :curse

Time to try another dealer methinks :roll:
B.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Mine is currently at Renault Wests of Cambridge.
I have a Clio III 1.2 as a courtesy.

I have to go back tomorrow as my filler neck is damaged and not the washer bottle so they had to order it...
and they phoned to inform me I need new brake pads... Could be possible this time - the last 2 times they told me were at 15 months and 18 months into owning the car. After an independent check i still had 50% pad left (at 18 months).

So my car is in for:
1. Check Injection light
2. new washer filler neck
3. window switches lift off the door card
4. a trapped wire outside of the door card after they replaced my window regulator.

Last time they never cleaned my car either.. lets see how they do this time.

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:20 pm

Last time they never cleaned my car either.. lets see how they do this time.

Cleaned your car :?: :?: :?: They can't even be ars*d to mop up the spill of diesel they make every time they get there hands on mine :evil:

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Sorry to continue my first ever post, but untill someone chimes up that I should shut up, or Renault sort the problem, I will continue the thread.

After a short spell in hospital and a few weeks with only the wife being allowed to drive, I now feel a whole load better, (about the car that is). For the first time ever I heard the wife say "wh** the ****ing he** is up with this car? Believe me, she doesnt normally swear. This was after the car stalling about 20 times in Sheffields rush hour city centre traffic. Check injection light on, check injection light off, che...............................................................

Wait till I feel better.

PS I think the odds are far greater in favour of someone telling me to quit moaning than Renault actually sorting the car.

If it ever does turn out to be the injection system wiring connection at the ecu end rather than the sensor end, as I have suggested they check, well,

you remember Basil Fawlty and that garden knome? :moon

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:17 am

cyclonebri1.

What a situation to be in. To me this sounds like total and utter dealer in competency
Have you been in contact with Renault UK customer services yet? If not I sugest you do. Please read this thread for more details.
https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum ... php?t=1158
Which dealer did you by this car from and who has been doing all the work on it? Name and shame time I think
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:15 am

Hi Iain,
I'm not one for naming and shaming without being 100% certain that I'm not putting myself or this forum in a sticky position.
One reason I'm not blowing fuses is that due to unforeseen circumstances (health, temp I hope), I haven't really had to rely on the car too heavily since I bought it, infact I wouldnt have actually changed the car untill later in the year had I had crystal balls :shock:
The other reason is that I didn't actually buy the car from a Renault agent. I had a specific model in mind, 1.5dci 106 estate, reasonable spec, so dynamique eventually, about 6-12months old.
As you probably realise, there aren't that many estates about and after trying all the local renualt dealers, infact all local sales lots, the only car I found after rejecting several tatty versions was at a major car supermarket about 60 miles from home. All these guys work the same way, they sell cars that are covered by outstanding manufacturers waranty and have therefore no risk in terms of repair works. If a fault develops they simply arrange for you to take the car to your local main dealer. The car was a genuine UK car, infact was a direct renault lease car.
Also the main agents appear,I think, because thats what they told me, to have no problem carrying out waranty work on any qualifying car, wether they they supplied it or not. They still get paid by renault.

Anyway as I said its time to try another official dealership, I'll be totally honest and open with them and we'll see where it goes from there.

Isn't it strange, I still like the car?

Cheers,Bri.

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 pm

As you say time to try a different dealer.

As a rule of thumb, smaller dealerships tend to offer better customer service than the larger ones. It might be worth trying to find one in your area, (if any exist?)

I would still wright to RCS and complain about the service you've had from the Renault dealer you've been using.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

cyclonebri1
Pass Plus

Postby cyclonebri1 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:55 pm

cyclonebri1 wrote:Sorry to continue my first ever post, but untill someone chimes up that I should shut up, or Renault sort the problem, I will continue the thread.

After a short spell in hospital and a few weeks with only the wife being allowed to drive, I now feel a whole load better, (about the car that is). For the first time ever I heard the wife say "wh** the ****ing he** is up with this car? Believe me, she doesnt normally swear. This was after the car stalling about 20 times in Sheffields rush hour city centre traffic. Check injection light on, check injection light off, che...............................................................

Wait till I feel better.

PS I think the odds are far greater in favour of someone telling me to quit moaning than Renault actually sorting the car.

If it ever does turn out to be the injection system wiring connection at the ecu end rather than the sensor end, as I have suggested they check, well,you remember Basil Fawlty and that garden knome? :moon

Right just for information, and to finally put an end to this post, (look at start date), a week or so ago after 3 or 4 more trips to the dealer and yet another diagnosed turbo pressure sensor failure they changed it again. Thats 3 new ones they have put on. 2 days later, check ignitio............again.

I took it back and told them it was thiers untill the problem was sorted.
3 hrs later I got a call to say the car was fixed and I now actually think it finally is.
Guess what? they tell me it was a wiring connector fault to the ECU. now why didn't I think of that :banghead :?: :?:

Had the car for about 8 months now and apart from this it has been faultless, returns an average 55/62 mpg and everyone who's been in it is impressed by the pick up of such a small diesel and by it low noise levels.

As others have frequently said it really does appear to be the normal inability of a lot if not a majority of dealers, to actually sort out quite minor issues that then become epics like this.

Cheers,
Bri :D :D :D

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Congratulations, Bri, and welcome to the DIY club! :tu

BTW, the turbo pressure control loop is not a minor issue. It may overboost, blow the intercooler or its pipes, thus causing the turbo spin without load, and boom! Read the stories of blown turbos at Parker's. Many of them start with this light, then intermittent power loss, the owner keeps driving, then Yellow OTS...
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”